ravi's suggestion thread

Previous topic - Next topic

ravi

First requests after a couple games:

• Endgame points tally - now you have three columns: Card, #, description. I think you can change "Card" to "Source" so it could include VP Tokens and Landmarks. VP tokens as a description seems awkward.

• You lack a '1' in the stacks or piles of cards when only one is left. I have seen suggestions to fix this in supply piles, but I think it should be fixed everywhere. I don't see the down-side of having a '1' for cards in hand or for my decksize, so I would just keep the '1' everywhere.

• I find MF's Pawn interface with checkboxes better than what you have. It takes less room to just have 4 choices to pick two from rather than a bunch of other choices.

• "Profit" as a Miser description seems kind of unclear. +X Coin Symbol seems way clearer.

• When implementing the undo thing, I think you should fade out everything except for the log and have to press cancel if you don't want to undo anything.

• On the standard treasures/victory card supply piles you should include the symbol and amount in the middle of the card. Right now you have the amount and symbol on the lower right hand side of the card for victory points and nothing on the treasure cards.

• Teacher tokens: I would put for +1coin and +1card I would use the little coin and card symbols. +1 Buy and Action can still just be +B and +A since there isn't really a symbol for that.

• In spectator mode it says "waiting for player to play" I'm not sure that makes sense. We aren't really waiting if we are spectating. Maybe replace this with "Player's Turn" or something and when someone is reacting to an attack or something you can add "Player is reacting" When playing, "waiting" makes more sense since you are waiting before you can do something.

• If you are going to move the supply cards down (I actually really prefer when they don't move, so I am using that setting) Then I think you should not make those cards upside down.

• Need an option to turn off chat sounds.

• Need to have the "big cards" view, where we can see the full kingdom and all the cards/events/landmarks (make split/mixed piles just a clickable single card) with their full texts. For players new to the game, this is essential.

• I don't think I like the text "Autoplay Treasures" To me, autoplaying is like what SCSN's patch did. I understand "Play All Treasures" is misleading because it's not going to play Bank, Horn, etc. It seems clunky but maybe it's best to just have the button be "Play all Copper, Silver, Gold" and add Alt-Treasure to that list if it playing order makes no difference and remove "copper" if Grand Market is out and they can get to 6 without it. Not sure how long that list can get in the worst Black Market case.

• To be honest, I don't think I like the ability to buy cards without having played your treasure cards. I think it doesn't add much and can mess people up when they have multiple buys and are used to buying cards this way.

• 'Debt' button should be 'Pay off debt'

• Wishing Well Stuff: I don't think the 'Plus' icon should be there when you make a wish. Use the white borders to make the cards clickable, but I think the 'Plus' should only be in there when clicking would result in gaining that card. Further, you have to animate the Wish

• The autoplay trivial stuff should be optional. I think it can be very confusing for new players even to not have to click a copper when they play Moneylender.

derg17

I really like a lot of these. I've had a lot of these thoughts.

The very first thing a new player asks when they play is, "how can I read all the cards at the same time." I think having a "big cards" view is a big deal for access to new players.

I agree with the pawn interface idea with checkboxes. (same for trusty stead, and probably a few more cards I can't think of). I usually know I want to pick one of those, so I can check that box and then think about the other one. Having all the options laid out like that together is confusing to me.

ravi

Another recommendation:

Stack cards when looking through discard with harbinger.

ThetaSigma12

With Annex too, especially with on touchscreens. It's annoying when you have a 1 cm gap to touch.

ravi

Quote from: ravi on 12 December 2016, 10:18:06 PM
Another recommendation:

Stack cards when looking through discard with harbinger.

Just realized that stacking won't solve the issue in Black Market situations. Probably better to stagger them like you do for the cards in play.

Bbl

I second most of these suggestion. No. 12 and 13 seem fine as they are now to me, and for 7 I would like to have the tokens been written out, but this my personal perspective.