Scavenger discard-deck not optional [SOLVED]

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I played a Scavenger (it was an Overlord-as-Scavenger actually, in case that matters) and it just discarded my deck for me instead of asking me if I wanted to do it. I think the discardy bit is supposed to be optional.

Joseph2302

Yes scavenger says "you may put your deck into the discard pile", so it's optional

Stef

Scavenger has been working properly for a while now, so something weird happened here.

My guess is that Adam experienced our "phantom discard pile bug", where it sometimes renders a card in your discard pile that isn't there (before playing the overlord), and then after playing the overlord updated the image.

AdamH

I'm quite certain that my deck was actually discarded here. Is there a way to search for game logs? People are referring to numbers here but I don't know where to find that. Otherwise I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

LaLight

Quote from: AdamH on 13 December 2016, 01:28:10 PM
I'm quite certain that my deck was actually discarded here. Is there a way to search for game logs? People are referring to numbers here but I don't know where to find that. Otherwise I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

Number of the game is displayed at the beginning of the chat when you start the game with light-green font.

drsteelhammer

Did you get the "continue" and "discard" button and it discarded regardless of what you clicked or did it just discard without having to click anything? I don't seem to be able to reproduce it.

AdamH

I don't remember seeing a continue or discard button, but I spent most of last night just fumbling around, trying to find where everything is. It's possible I accidentally clicked on it. I'll try to reproduce it when I get a chance.

So there's no way currently to find game logs after the game is played, I assume?

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 13 December 2016, 03:30:14 PM
So there's no way currently to find game logs after the game is played, I assume?

Working on making them accessible for users (probably next week, this week is lobby redesign).

There are server logs and game logs in the database, and I used those while in alphatesting. This is also why I requested the game ids on all bug reports. But it just doesn't scale all that well with these amounts of test users, and the server logs are currently a pain to read with all the games intertwining.

AdamH

LaLight

I marked it [SOLVED] then. If you will get the same bug again, please report!