Spectator Requests

Previous topic - Next topic

ravi

Spectator View is awesome. I remember starting to watch Twitch streams when I knew less about the cards and having to have the wiki open to read the card text any time I forgot and this makes that so much easier. Here are a few suggestions I have. Some of them may be WAY too difficult to implement and they should be pretty low on the priority list but I wanted to get my thoughts out before I forgot them.

• Ability to switch between player perspectives. Not sure if it is better to do it the MF way where the player perspective changes each turn automatically or just have a switch that allows me to toggle, but you definitely can see the player's cards at the bottom better than at the top so it would be cool if I was watching Stef play against Lord Rattington to make sure I was watching Stef on the bottom.
  • Allow an audio feed of the players. I can imagine this is too tough to implement, but if you do it you have to have 2 options: Either the players can hear each other, or only the spectators can hear the players. If the latter you would need a switch to choose which player you want to hear since the players wouldn't know they are talking over each other. I'm imagining how cool it could be if you could do this while watching a game.
  • Let spectator mode stop my computer from going to screensaver. I was watching a game last night and the computer went to screensaver because I didn't move my mouse around. When watching video through a browser through youtube or something else, this is somehow prevented. Maybe have this as an option for the spectator.

markus

I like those ideas and add some more:

• When playing competitively, one will want to use the option to not see comments by spectators. It would be good, if one could see them after the game (maybe that's already implemented). And one could get an indicator of how active the spectator's chat is during the game already.

• Now, a really cool thing would be: if after the game I could click on a line in the chat to show me the game state from a spectator's view at the time of posting.