Remove useless decisions

Previous topic - Next topic

faust

Hey,

there are still some things that could be accelerated by removing decisions that don't have any impact. Some things I noticed:

- Paying off Debt after the last buy of your last turn (e.g. with Capital).
- giving reveal options to your opponent (Young Witch, Gladiator, Tournament) when it's clear that they cannot possess the card in question

LaLight

I don't quite get it. What is wrong with paying off debt after the last buy?

ravi

I think he means there is no reason to NOT pay off debt after your last buy. If you have some extra coins, they would always just go towards paying any debt you have, so why make this a choice? I can't think of an edgecase offhand.

Philip

Quote from: ravi on 13 December 2016, 10:49:41 AM
I think he means there is no reason to NOT pay off debt after your last buy. If you have some extra coins, they would always just go towards paying any debt you have, so why make this a choice? I can't think of an edgecase offhand.

The first (and usually last) place to look for edge cases is Possession, and so it is here: if you expect your opponent to possess you next turn, there's a good chance you don't want to pay off debt now.

The solution is here is an autoplay that you just disable in the case you play with Possession. Autoplay is planned for sometime in 2017.

faust

Quote from: LaLight on 13 December 2016, 10:39:17 AM
I don't quite get it. What is wrong with paying off debt after the last buy?

I mean last buy of your last turn; i.e. the game ends afterwards and whether or not you have debt is going to be irrelevant.