General Suggestions

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbl

I think a general suggestion thread is easier to follow than everyboby creating there own 'XYZ's suggestion' thread. So I start one, and invite everybody to join in as well. :)

My suggestions for now
- Offer a way to play against Bots without making the table public first. I accidentally opened a few games against actual players, because I did not click the start button fast enough
- The End Screen should list the piled out Cards
- I miss a way to easily veto full expansions: If I did not overlook it, there seems to be no way to set up a table that vetoes Alchemy cards as a whole.
- The same goes for the other way around, requiring certain Sets: It would be great to be able to set up tables like 3 Alchemy Cards, 2 from Base, and 3 from Empires, the rest random
- Setting up tables by Card types could also be fun (3 attacks, 2 treasures, 3 Alt-VP, 1 trasher)
- I don't really understand, why some actions are buttons with a fixed position in the interface (i.e. trashing), while others need to be performed in the log (i.e. revealing Reactions). All should be buttons instead or being present on the table in any other way (like in the MF implementation).
- The existing Action buttons should be written out: '+1 Card' instead of 'Card', etc.

LaLight

won't you mind if I put that into General Discussions thread?

Bbl

MVoltaire

I second all of the above.

Quote from: Bbl on 13 December 2016, 12:29:44 PM
- I miss a way to easily veto full expansions: If I did not overlook it, there seems to be no way to set up a table that vetoes Alchemy cards as a whole.

To the first point: Can't you remove the tick in next to the name of the expansion on the screen when you click on "Select kingdom cards"?

Further suggestions:

- Further suggestion in the same direction: For the unexperienced players it would be nice if there was also a tick mark above all expansions so you can remove all ticks at once and only have to select base afterwards and maybe one other expansion instead of removing all the ticks manually.

- I'd like it if in the end screen I could see how many of every card my opponent and me had. Or at least me, if the other thing is revealing too much of the strategy of opponents.

markus

I'm wondering, whether it's a good idea to not show the card types in the supply and use the bottom only for Bane and Obelisk.

Especially with Courtier it's a pain having to think through (or click through) which cards have multiple types. More generally, it's nice to see attacks at first glance, if you don't know all the cards by heart.

MVoltaire

Another suggestion:

MF had all kingdom cards in the game at the beginning of the log. I liked that. If one saved the log, one could always set up the same kingdom again if one wanted.

MVoltaire

Another suggestion:
I find the "Kick" and "Kick & Resign" option on the startpage rather unintuitive. I started a game yesterday against AI and forgot about it. When I just logged into the client again I found myself back in the game (without an enemy btw..? Edit: My mistake, it seems I startet a game with only one player) and I reloaded to get out of the game but landed again on the startpage and logged myself backin and looked for a way out of the game (/lobby didnt work, neither did other commands I invented... ;)). I only then remembered that someone had posted in this forum somewhere that there was a quit or kick option on the startpage and I used it.
So my suggestion would be to put a quit/resign button in the game screen.

Cheers :)

ravi

Quote from: MVoltaire on 14 December 2016, 02:39:33 PM
Another suggestion:
I find the "Kick" and "Kick & Resign" option on the startpage rather unintuitive. I started a game yesterday against AI and forgot about it. When I just logged into the client again I found myself back in the game (without an enemy btw..? Edit: My mistake, it seems I startet a game with only one player) and I reloaded to get out of the game but landed again on the startpage and logged myself backin and looked for a way out of the game (/lobby didnt work, neither did other commands I invented... ;)). I only then remembered that someone had posted in this forum somewhere that there was a quit or kick option on the startpage and I used it.
So my suggestion would be to put a quit/resign button in the game screen.

Cheers :)

Of course they will be adding this later. For now, I think /resign would have accomplished what you were looking for.

MVoltaire

rala72

You gain a Gold and...
• may topdeck.

Should be better visible ;)

Morghas

I haven't been able to find this one.

Ghost ship makes you topdeck two cards but it isn't clear which one is going on the bottom. I think it works as you would hope, the first one you click goes on the bottom but it wasn't at all obvious. Maybe as well as the yellow cross that marks which ones are being topdecked, add some text. Maybe 'bottom' and top' or '1st' and '2nd' or something to make it clear?

Thanks!

Lotoreo

Another general suggestion:
Could you add new cards to the right side of my hand, instead of the left side? I am kindda intuitively expecting them on the other side. Now if I play my 10 stacked markets, I click rapidly. If I draw a card that I do not have on my hand yet, my markets shift to the right (because the new cards appear on the left), while I always expect them to shift left. Caused my quite some missclicks.

However, there is undo for that, and its really only a minor issue, but maybe you can think about it when things cooled of.

Bbl

Quote from: MVoltaire on 13 December 2016, 06:18:11 PM
I second all of the above.

Quote from: Bbl on 13 December 2016, 12:29:44 PM

To the first point: Can't you remove the tick in next to the name of the expansion on the screen when you click on "Select kingdom cards"?

Not sure, if I overlooked it, or whether it got adressed by an update, but yes, the current interface does exactly what I asked for.