Game timeout/force resign

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph2302

When this game goes live, is there going to be a timeout/force resign system? So if people don't play for X minutes, they get kicked out (as in MF version)/ opponents can kick them out (as in Isotropic).
Played a game against a bot and I didn't do a move for 30 minutes and the system didn't kick me out.

Jacob Marley

I'm for a timeout against another human, but against bots only, there shouldn't be one.  The bots have infinite patience and if I want to pause midgame to do something, I should be able to.

Mr Anderson

I would prefer that the opponent could kick the player. Maybe you agreed to wait for the player a little longer than the system would allow for any reason, which should be possible. I agree with Jacob Marley, there should not be a timeout against bots.

scottc

QuoteI would prefer that the opponent could kick the player. Maybe you agreed to wait for the player a little longer than the system would allow for any reason, which should be possible. I agree with Jacob Marley, there should not be a timeout against bots.

I agree.  There are valid reasons for pausing a game if all opponents agree.

It would also be nice to be able to see how many times a player has been kicked so that we can avoid playing with people who frequently quit games.