[SOLVED] Duchess text inconsistency

Previous topic - Next topic

werothegreat

The below-the-line text in the client ("If Duchess is in the Supply...") does not match the below-the-line text in the newly released updated rules for Hinterlands, which still says "In games using this...".

Seprix

You should check all of the established rulings for all of the newly released cards in that manner as well, as they will likely also be incorrect.

Seprix

Which I mean to say is, I cannot access the Wiki with my Internet ISP anymore because it is blocked, so I cannot check myself.  :-[

werothegreat

Quote from: Seprix on 17 December 2016, 04:48:04 AM
You should check all of the established rulings for all of the newly released cards in that manner as well, as they will likely also be incorrect.

What do you mean?

Philip

Quote from: werothegreat on 16 December 2016, 02:58:02 PM
The below-the-line text in the client ("If Duchess is in the Supply...") does not match the below-the-line text in the newly released updated rules for Hinterlands, which still says "In games using this...".

The wordings we have that Stef got from Donald's forum (he double checked yesterday and it wasn't changed) say this:

QuoteDuchess: Action, $2
+$2
Each player (including you) looks at the top card of their deck and may discard it.
----------
If Duchess is in the Supply, you may gain one when you gain a Duchy.

So my guess is that the document you're referring to either isn't from the 2nd edition Hinterlands or they missed the change.

werothegreat

It's from the 2nd edition rules.  All the other card texts have been changed, as well as the above-the-line text on Duchess, just not its below-the-line text.

Donald X.

Quote from: Philip on 17 December 2016, 12:46:57 PM
Quote from: werothegreat on 16 December 2016, 02:58:02 PM

The wordings we have that Stef got from Donald's forum (he double checked yesterday and it wasn't changed) say this:

QuoteDuchess: Action, $2
+$2
Each player (including you) looks at the top card of their deck and may discard it.
----------
If Duchess is in the Supply, you may gain one when you gain a Duchy.

So my guess is that the document you're referring to either isn't from the 2nd edition Hinterlands or they missed the change.
wero has it right. We got worried that the new wording of Duchess wouldn't be clear enough, and the wording in the rulebook on RGG's site is the actual wording on new printed Duchesses.

From the physical card:

Duchess: Action, $2
+$2
----------
In games using this, when you gain a Duchy, you may gain a Duchess.

That post of wordings on my forum, that was for people to argue about what the wordings should be; it will not necessarily have any late changes.

Philip

Seprix