caravan interface encourages misclicks

Previous topic - Next topic

ehunt

this problem isn't as bad as on goko, but if you play a caravan and forget it, it is easy to click the wrong card at the start of the next turn

mark1878

Quote from: ehunt on 18 December 2016, 05:40:09 AM
this problem isn't as bad as on goko, but if you play a caravan and forget it, it is easy to click the wrong card at the start of the next turn

Its for all durations. There is no indication that there will be things on your next turn.  During the opponents turn especially you can see nothing - and it matters if you need to do an interaction

gkrieg

Quote from: ehunt on 18 December 2016, 05:40:09 AM

I think this is also just a general problem.  I somehow want it so that if I have a card in one spot, adding other cards to my hand doesn't move that card from its spot.

allanfieldhouse

Quote from: gkrieg on 12 January 2017, 12:48:41 AM
I think this is also just a general problem.  I somehow want it so that if I have a card in one spot, adding other cards to my hand doesn't move that card from its spot.

The problem isn't so much that cards are moving. The problem is that a specific card that you were about to click on is moving.

I'd like to see a solution similar to how Chrome handles closing/resizing many tabs. If you're closing a bunch of tabs (from leftmost to rightmost), it will wait to resize the tabs until you move your mouse away from the tab bar. This way, your click target doesn't keep shifting around as you close tabs.

So my suggestion is the following: as long as you're hovering your mouse over a card in your hand, adding new cards to your hand will not shift that specific card (that you're hovering). This might end up causing your hand to not be centered for a while, but as soon as you move your mouse away from your hand, the cards can all be recentered (similar to Chrome waiting to resize tabs).

This will make it easy to play a string of cantrips without worrying that you'll click the wrong thing. It'll also prevent the issue with a card moving due to a start-of-the-turn draw like Caravan.

Polk5440

Quote from: allanfieldhouse on 12 January 2017, 03:52:06 PM
I'd like to see a solution similar to how Chrome handles closing/resizing many tabs. If you're closing a bunch of tabs (from leftmost to rightmost), it will wait to resize the tabs until you move your mouse away from the tab bar. This way, your click target doesn't keep shifting around as you close tabs....

This will make it easy to play a string of cantrips without worrying that you'll click the wrong thing. It'll also prevent the issue with a card moving due to a start-of-the-turn draw like Caravan.

This would be very nice, indeed.