Black Market doesn't turn on debt counter

Previous topic - Next topic

McFly

It seems to turn on VP chip counter all of the time, coin token counter some of the time but never debt counter (if there are cards that require those in the BM but not in the kingdom). No game log because I didn't think to make a post when this actually happened.

JW

I had a game where I bought Capital out of the Black Market and I remember being really surprised one turn when I couldn't buy anything from the Black Market because I hadn't paid off the debt from the Capital the previous turn (edit: but I didn't realize that I had debt to pay off, I knew that if I had debt I wouldn't be able to buy from the Black Market). It makes sense that this might have happened because the debt counter wasn't turned on.

LaLight

Quote from: JW on 20 December 2016, 07:17:44 AM
I had a game where I bought Capital out of the Black Market and I remember being really surprised one turn when I couldn't buy anything from the Black Market because I hadn't paid off the debt from the Capital the previous turn. It makes sense that this might have happened because the debt counter wasn't turned on.

You can't buy anything from the BM when you have a Debt. And you can pay debt only in the Buy phase, which is not the case when you are playing Black Market.

Stef

Chris is me

how is the black market turning on the debt counter any different from black market turning on the pirate ship counter? this seems inconsistent; if the pirate ship counter is setup so is a debt counter

McFly

Black Market should probably either turn on all counters whenever it's used so as to not give away information about what's in there or only turn on counters once they are needed, although the latter might be a bit more tricky to check for.