Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Face up cards in opponents' hands  (Read 214 times)

Offline AdamH

• View Profile
Face up cards in opponents' hands
« on: 27 December 2016, 02:43:11 AM »
When my opponent draws a card from Journeyman and I know what it is, now it shows me the card face up instead of just the back of the card. I haven't tested this with all reveal cards but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen with Crossroads.

If this is going to be an option at all, I feel pretty strongly that it shouldn't be the default option. It's a similar argument for point counter but I'd say the default for that should be off as well.

If you're going to make this a feature, though, it needs to be perfect and completely consistent. Right now, face-up cards cover face-down cards so it's hard to tell how many cards are in hand, and then there is no way for the opponent to easily see which cards are revealed to their opponent so that those are played first -- this would matter for Envoy especially.

Offline LibraryAdventurer

• View Profile
Re: Face up cards in opponents' hands
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2016, 06:10:23 AM »
I completely agree with the above. When I have occationally seen face-up cards in my opponents' hand, I just assumed it was a bug (which I then forgot to report). I can see the reasoning for it, but it really shouldn't be on by default (if at all).

EDIT: I think the point counter should be off by default as well.

Offline Grima

• View Profile
Re: Face up cards in opponents' hands
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2017, 06:32:17 PM »
Even when face-up cards make sense (like after a Masquerade), each card should become face-down as soon as a similar card is played. That is, I may "know" the opponent has a Village, but if he/she plays a Village, I don't know if it was the one I knew about or a different one, so the Village I know should be hidden.