Request: limit of 2 events/landmarks in a random game

Previous topic - Next topic

JW

I just had a game (without having input any specifics for the kingdom) against Lord Rattington where there were three events - Quest, Training, and one more (Raid?). This suggests that when using "random" events/landmarks or the equivalent, there is not a limit of 2 events/landmarks. A 2-event/landmark limit in random kingdoms seems useful to avoid excessively complex kingdoms.

Just had this again: game #108 on frankfurt-test

AdamH

If I never touch the default settings, I should get the exact same experience as the tabletop game, no matter what. No VP counter, that type of thing. The rulebook suggests that you have a max of two landmarks/events, not a max or two each, but a max of two total. So yeah I agree with this.

Watno

The rulebook also suggests using at least 3 potion cards if one is present, yet noone does that.

AdamH

Quote from: Watno on 28 December 2016, 02:04:03 PM
The rulebook also suggests using at least 3 potion cards if one is present, yet noone does that.

Pretty much everyone who owns Alchemy except for the online community does this. And it should be the default setting, which can be changed.

Donald X.

Quote from: Watno on 28 December 2016, 02:04:03 PM
I do not recommend that myself; it's something Valerie wanted.

I do recommend no more than 2 total between Events and Landmarks. And wouldn't have them randomly appear when people haven't familiar'd any cards from those sets. Just, what I see now is, game one, here's your 10 base set cards and two Events.

werothegreat

I'd like for the default setting to be random 0-2 Land-vents, rather than always 2 of them.