Remember login

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph2302

Every time I re-enter http://www.dominion.games/private-beta/, I have to re-enter my username & password. This is slightly annoying as if I click on another page (e.g. to go to this forum), and then go back to the game, I have to login again. Is there a way that the username/password can be remembered?

yed

allanfieldhouse

Yeah, it definitely needs to remember the login info.

Another related issue is that the site doesn't work with LastPass. I know support for random browser extensions probably isn't high on the list of priorities, but in general, LastPass just works for all login forms. You (web developers) have to do something really weird or non-standard for it to not work. So maybe just make the login a standard form?

Philip

Firefox stores login credentials just fine, but Chrome seems to have problems with the dynamically loaded nature of the login form (the client is a so-called Single Page Application, which means that the html code is dynamically loaded into the index.html at run-time and removed from it when it's no longer needed, rather than it all being there from the start). Of the various hacks and workarounds I've read, none have worked so far. I'll revisit the issue at some point because it's obviously annoying.

allanfieldhouse

The new version has been working perfectly with LastPass ever since the beta ended. I don't know if you specifically changed anything, but it's a big improvement!

Jacob Marley

I also vote for remembering login as an option for a specific computer

Tom Ruggles

LastFootnote

The solution is not for Shuffle iT to "remember" your login credentials. That would be awful. The solution is to use a cookie so that Shuffle iT recognizes your session and can bypass the login screen altogether. If I'm in a game and hit refresh, I should not be sent back to the login page at all.

allanfieldhouse

Quote from: LastFootnote on 01 February 2017, 04:25:50 PM
The solution is not for Shuffle iT to "remember" your login credentials. That would be awful. The solution is to use a cookie so that Shuffle iT recognizes your session and can bypass the login screen altogether. If I'm in a game and hit refresh, I should not be sent back to the login page at all.

That's what everybody in this thread means. Even if they didn't specify "using cookies", that's the standard way of remembering your login.

LastFootnote

Quote from: allanfieldhouse on 04 February 2017, 02:41:13 PM

That's what everybody in this thread means.

No, they don't. In fact, Philip specifically mentions browsers storing your login credentials, but makes no mention of "this will all be moot since we'll soon be implementing sessions with cookies". So I'd say my comment was well warranted.

allanfieldhouse

Quote from: LastFootnote on 06 February 2017, 09:16:31 PM
Quote from: allanfieldhouse on 04 February 2017, 02:41:13 PM

That's what everybody in this thread means.

No, they don't. In fact, Philip specifically mentions browsers storing your login credentials, but makes no mention of "this will all be moot since we'll soon be implementing sessions with cookies". So I'd say my comment was well warranted.

Hmmm, maybe you're right. The issue of the browser's password autofill (that Philip commented on) is definitely a small issue compared to having the site remember who you are even through page reloads (cookie solution).