News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Overlord & Colonnade

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFrog

If you have an Overlord in play and Collonade is in the game you get the 2VP for buying another Overlord rather than the copied card.

TheSeal

I experienced the reverse of this. I played, then bought an Overlord without receiving points from the Colonnade.  Here's the turn.

Joining game #2613598 on oregon.

Turn 7 - TheSeal
T plays an Overlord.
T plays a Trading Post.
T trashes a Copper and an Estate.
T gains a Silver.
T plays 2 Silvers and a Copper.
T buys an Overlord.
T takes 8 debt.
T gains an Overlord.
T repays 5 debt (3 remaining).
T draws a Copper, 2 Silvers, an Estate and an Overlord.

Upon finding MrFrog's post, it made me think that this is correct. The Overlord is acting as the other card so points should be received when that other card is gained.  Could someone wiser than I confirm this?

Is there any situation where it would be possible to receive Colonnade points for an Overlord?

Watno

The bug MrFrog reported has since been fixe, the current beahviour is correct.

(There is a situation where you ge Colonade points when buyig an Overlord: When you play it, there is no action card costing $5 or less in the supply, Overlord doesn't transform and stays as an Overlord.)

Martin plays Piano

DomWiki says this:

Once in play, Overlord is the thing it copied, rather than an Overlord; for example Colonnade will produce VP if you buy a copy of that card, but not if you buy an Overlord.

So your thoughts are correct - you acted overlord as a trading post, but didn't buy another trading post in your turn  - so 0 VP from colonnade.

faust

Quote from: Watno on 06 April 2017, 07:46:15 PM
The bug MrFrog reported has since been fixe, the current beahviour is correct.

(There is a situation where you ge Colonade points when buyig an Overlord: When you play it, there is no action card costing $5 or less in the supply, Overlord doesn't transform and stays as an Overlord.)

Also Enchantress.