Discard pile question

Previous topic - Next topic

ejcarter9

There isn't a number in the corner of the Discard pile to let someone know how many cards are in it. It would be helpful for cards like Counting House, Counselor, and probably a few more I can't think of at the moment.

Stef

Quote from: ejcarter9 on 01 January 2017, 01:12:01 AM
There isn't a number in the corner of the Discard pile to let someone know how many cards are in it. It would be helpful for cards like Counting House, Counselor, and probably a few more I can't think of at the moment.

This could be nice indeed, but the Dominion rules say you're not allowed to count your discard pile (unless some card tells you to look through it).

Maybe we should do something though, because IRL obviously even even when you're not allowed to count you can get a pretty good guess by just looking at it.

ackmondual

Quote from: Stef on 01 January 2017, 01:16:42 AM

This could be nice indeed, but the Dominion rules say you're not allowed to count your discard pile (unless some card tells you to look through it).

Maybe we should do something though, because IRL obviously even even when you're not allowed to count you can get a pretty good guess by just looking at it.

IIRC, I thought the number of discards in your discard pile shouldn't be forbidden, just looking through your discard pile itself?

Mr Anderson

You should have something like the bars in Isotropic which gave you an idea how many cards were in your draw pile (which you are allowed to count) and your discard pile, maybe by rolling over the discard pile?

Watno

Quote from: ackmondual on 01 January 2017, 07:36:54 AM

IIRC, I thought the number of discards in your discard pile shouldn't be forbidden, just looking through your discard pile itself?

No, the rules explicitely state you can't count it.

mark1878

So we have to explicitly remember this - oh well back to early isotropic where some players started writing it all down.

This just hurts people with bad memories - I want to enjoy the game and make interesting decisions and not do bookwork that you set up computers for. Isotropic provided information for a reason.

you do give the number of VPs so why not this?