New user - no email confirm happening..

Previous topic - Next topic

meathead40

Hi all - I signed up as a new user tonight, but am not receiving the confirmation email from the system.

I have tried this twice now with two accounts and email addresses.  Any clues?  Thx!  Looking forward to playing.

macpuddock

My email is already in my account information and I have not received an email stating I need to confirm it.  However, I don't seem to be able to host games and I have gotten an error when I click 'ready' in a game where someone else is the host - the error saying that I cannot host until I confirm my email.  How do I confirm and why do I get this error even when I am not the host?

Eye Urn

I am experiencing the same issues.  I try to sign up, the screen is stuck on "signing you up", if I refresh I can log in and poke around but can't start a game.  I have tried this with two user names.  I was able to receive the confirmation mail to activate my forum account to post this message.

Also, the confirmation email went to the spam box; Google says it doesn't conform to some guidelines or something.

meathead40

Yeah - I got the confirmation for the shuffle iT forum... but the dominion site is not sending confirmation emails... and without the confirm email there isn't much one can do on the site  :(   :( 

help!  :)

jadalbey1

I am having the same issue - I noticed on another thread that this problem was supposed to be fixed. Any ideas???

Eye Urn

Well, I was able to get into a game with someone who apparently was able to confirm their email.  I managed to play a few turns and then I'm not sure if the client stalled or my opponent did.  I reloaded, kicked myself, logged back into the game (yay!) and then my opponent played stuff and we moved on.  Then around turn 9 my opponent again stopped doing stuff, and I again reloaded, and this time he resigned.  One thing I am trying to test is whether I'm going to have the same problem with this game as I do Magic Online, because of certain policies of my ISP shutting down inactive connections after a minute.  If the game is trying to find me on the same connection, it's going to fail, and I'm going to be stuck in limbo.  I haven't found any way in particular to test whether it's my connection that's been tossed or my opponent that's just not playing anything.

Stef

Sorry, we have some trouble sending the emails. The process that is sending out all the "import your MF account" mails is disrupting the regular ones.

We'll look into it, but regardless I expect these problems to be over once we get all the import mails out.

pollium

I am a user of the previous app and I have not received an e-mail to transfer over my old account to the new service.  Have you finished sending all of those e-mails?

North Woods Wanderer

Still no welcome email for a former version user here either, and my previous login information is not working on the site.

Stef

We just released a new version and it is sending the messages to welcome new users, confirm email or forgot password.

If you tried to sign up but were stuck in the "signing you up..." (and are not on an iPad) please try it again now.

If you succeeded in creating your account but never got the email to confirm, please log in, go to "account" and type in your email again. The "Confirm" button should now work.

---
While the problem is now gone, I'm not actually sure I got to the bottom of it yet.

Vivames

Hi,

I didn't get the mail yet to port my account. Also I didn't get the confirmation mail for my new account that I made for now (original name is stated as reserved).
So there might still be some backlog on the mails.

Just wanted to report it, I have some patience and good luck on your launch  :)

Victor
(Ragaela/Vivames)

herwig

me too :(
Confirming doesn't work.
It shows me my eMail adress, but i am not able to match any game.

Another question: where can i log out?

meathead40

Still not working... tried the 'confirm' option... tried with yet another "New User" account.  Help!

Redarian

Likewise still in the "cannot confirm, so cannot play bots or host tables" boat.

MF account was Redly, so that name is reserved, but I cannot access it.
I rolled a new account Redarian, but can't confirm it!
IGN: Redly

halapenyoharry

Yeah, I have tried a couple times, but do not get the confirmation email more have I received an email from my MF account.