I spent ten minutes playing some test games and encountered the following issues. Holy cow.
- You can't hide the chat or the play log. It clutters the screen and makes everything else smaller.
- You can only read a card's text by right clicking it. I'm total shit at right clicking on my Surface touchpad, so I accidentally left click like 1/4 of the time. Not only slightly irritating, but also leads to accidentally buying/selecting cards.
- The computer plays treasures one at a time. I'm the guy who will just surrender if his opponent keeps doing this, so super irritating for me.
- Half of your opponent's hand is displayed (only the top half of the cards) and it's shown upside down. I guess the designers thought it was REALLY important to simulate an actual tabletop perspective? It looks really stupid and distracting, though.
- The game gives the option to rearrange how you want the cards displayed...but it doesn't rearrange everything, so there is a big text overlay on top of the supply cards. Hard to explain, so here you go: http://i.imgur.com/niuvjKK.jpg
- The game requires unnecessary confirmations. I haven't experienced every card, but if someone plays militia against you, you need to click the two cards you want to discard, then it asks you to confirm you want to discard the cards you just clicked to discard.
- Animations are janky and laggy.
- I think there's no sound. I like hearing the shuffling cards and the fwip when a card is played.
- There is zero graphics work done. The only images are ripped straight from the cards. In MakingFun's client, they used attractive buttons..but in this new version, everything is text in a black box. Sometimes that text even extends outside the box for some reason.
- In games with a lot of players, you can't see their discard piles.
- The screen is so crowded, you have to hover your cursor over a player's name to learn the following:
1. If he has anything on his Native Village mat
2. If he has played any duration cards (e.g., Lighthouse), and what they are
3. If he has played any islands, and what he has played with them
4. If he's put anything on his Tavern mat, and what cards they are (e.g., Distant Lands, coppers from Miser, etc.)
- Duration attack effects are not displayed (e.g., if I play Bridge Troll, it does not show me who gets -1 coin).
- It is not possible to view which prizes are still available/have been claimed.
- It is not possible to look through the trash, except when playing a card that lets you do it.
- A lot of effects happen instantaneously, which can be extremely disorienting. For example, in a three player game I play a knight. Instead of an animation that shows the other two players revealing the two top cards from their decks, trashing one between 3 and 6 and discarding the other (or discarding both if neither is between 3 and 6), the cards just immediately change and you see the end result. In order to make any sense of what happened, you need to read the game log. Why even have visuals at all then??? This is true for any "reveal" effect (e.g., Herald).
- The journey token and its status aren't displayed either to you or the other players.
- There's a glitch where if I set required cards, then play a game, then set new required cards, for some reason the old required cards continue to be selected.
I do like the ability to undo and choose which cards to play with, but holy cow there are so many things wrong here. Seriously, guys?