Thanks but...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewormz

I consider this to be a double dip. Thanks for the year subscription, but I've already purchased all the decks and as far as I'm concerned I've supported Donald Vaccarino and Rio Grande by doing so. After this subscription is up, I won't be renewing and I can't see myself recommending this game to anyone. Who's to say that the license won't get pulled from this developer and we'll all be expected to dig into our pockets again?

Thanks but no thanks.

I'll just stick to the physical cards which I own.

TwoWhiteBears

Same. I bought every expansion (physical and digital) before the subscriptions started. I saw in another thread that the current digital game designers didn't get any of that money. Okay, but if you're going to make us pay for the same product again, maybe make sure the new version isn't the worst one we've seen. I have no sympathy.

jdcw

Yup - bought all the cards - physical and digital and have now started a new subscription - sending in the full amount since software developers should get paid for their work. Things I appreciate: Empires (that alone I'd pay the full Gold amount for), a lighter client (battery does not get sucked down), a cleaner interface that is quite responsive, spectating, friends, actual reconnecting on bad internet experiences, allowing undo.  As a professional SW dev, I felt the launch version was definately v1 level launchable - enjoyed it in beta, enjoying it now.  Sure there are improvements that will come over time but it is way better than MF.  The devs have been very responsive to feedback - and way more professional than some of these comments.

Awaclus

Quote from: Tapewormz on 01 January 2017, 04:48:01 AM
Who's to say that the license won't get pulled from this developer and we'll all be expected to dig into our pockets again?

Nobody, but that's the great thing about a subscription based model; you pay for one month and then you get to play for one month.

twasa

@jdcw I fully agree. I'm getting a bit tired of the "I'm entitled to, since..." feedback. Sure, if you're a fan of the game you probably own physical cards and paid MF for their online offering, but ShuffleIT is really not obligated to offer the terms that MF had.