Cannot see last bot move

Previous topic - Next topic

CoWm4n

The final bot move is not shown. After I make my turn, the game ends, although the bot still takes one more turn.

Dwedit

That is a very common noob mistake when writing anything turn based that uses network communication, you forget that the client has to play back everything before it reaches the point that the server is at.  I've even made that same mistake before.

MVoltaire

Quote from: CoWm4n on 01 January 2017, 01:26:25 PM
The final bot move is not shown. After I make my turn, the game ends, although the bot still takes one more turn.

Yep, I had that as well. Also the last move is not shown in the log in the end screen. I think, this is known already and probably will be fixed in due time.

tufftaeh

Actually, the last turn of the bot is shown in the log usually. The log doesn't seem to be always completely scrolled down, however.

And if the game ends after the player's turn, the bot doesn't take another turn. The last turn of the bot is only not visible (as animations) if the bot buys the last province or 3-piles.

MVoltaire

True, I saw that today as well. But there are now animations shown when the bot finishes the match. After I finish my turn, the screen goes directly to the score screen. It would be nice if the last move was actually visible.