Pearl Diver: "Don't Topdeck" button missing when you can play more actions

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Steps to reproduce:
  - Play the Pearl Diver card with actions in your hand and sufficient cards in your deck.

Expected behavior:
  - After drawing a card, Pearl Diver should show the player the bottom card of their deck.
  - To the right of the card, there should be a "Topdeck" button and a "Don't Topdeck" button.
  - The guiding text should read "You may put a [card] on top".
  - Play should not continue until the player selects either "Topdeck" or "Don't Topdeck".

The expected behavior I describe mirrors the behavior when there are no actions remaining in the player's hand: in that situation, the player has to select either "Topdeck" or "Don't Topdeck", and clicking a treasure does not play the treasure as part of the buy phase.

Observed behavior:
  - After drawing a card, Pearl Diver shows the player the bottom card of their deck.
  - To the right of the card, there is a "Topdeck" button only.
  - The guiding text reads "You may play actions".
  - Clicking on another action in your hand plays that action and returns card being inspected to the bottom of the deck. Clicking "Topdeck" topdecks the card.

Watno

You can simply continue playing by playing the next action card or ending your action phase when you don't want to top deck.

MVoltaire

I agree with Mike's suggested behaviour. The options - in my opinion - are "Topdeck"/"Don't topdeck" not "Topdeck"/"Play next action". The action follows afterwards and is not related to the topdecking. I can understand that for some people the "Don't topdeck" option is probably really unnecessary and they are happy that they can save time. But I still consider myself a beginner and everything that makes more clear what is happening on the screen is useful to me. In another thread it was suggested to program a way of "don't show this option anymore" for experienced players who don't need to make choices where there are no alternatives. I think, something like this would be useful here, too.

Watno

I'm sorry, I didn't read the OP properly. I was under the impression Mike thought there was no way to not topdeck at all and see now that I was mistaken.