Selecting cards when playing a bot...

Previous topic - Next topic

mushbrain

Is there a way of narrowing the universe of possible cards when playing a bot match?  When I click bot match I seem to get a random selection from every possible card in the system.

trazoM

You can create a table with minimal number of players >= 2 and just start the game. Then you play against Sir Rattington (and his friends).

nanasubways

I too get this issue, and when I try to just have it randomly select cards from the expansions I want, it still selects cards from every expasion.
I try to do this by unchecking the checkboxes next to the expansions.

nanasubways

I'm thinking right now to select the wanted expansions as familiar cards first and then make sure to setup the game to have 0 unfamiliar cards. Kind of a workaround I guess

nanasubways

Scratch that, that doesn't work either...

tufftaeh

Making only Empires familiar worked for me on a "New Table" meeting Lord Rat.
(Un)checking sets doesn't seem to have any effect (with or without limitations of familiar cards).

nevil

at what should be the end of every game I play, it reads waiting for player and I have to resign to close out. any suggestions

ffejselur

Quote from: tufftaeh on 05 January 2017, 12:55:56 AM
(Un)checking sets doesn't seem to have any effect (with or without limitations of familiar cards).
This illustrates what continues to be my main ongoing criticism of Si, the total ignorance and denial of the importance, efficiency and efficacy of GOOD DOCUMENTATION! They continue to just let users stumble around in the dark wasting time having bad play experiences unnecessarily because they won't give us simple documentation on how things work. Sorry Si, I know you're all working really hard and I appreciate that and that things will get much better over time, but this is the one area where I think you really come off as blowing it. (For example, how much of your own time would you have saved along with that of users if you would have made 1 loud sticky Announcement about the email delivery problem instead of having to answer a ton of identical "Where's my email?" posts?) Please do something like put a How It Works button next to Store that explains how the site works, for example how users can play with the kingdom and table setup options that they want.

JunkDealer

Quote from: ffejselur on 06 January 2017, 04:55:08 AM
Quote from: tufftaeh on 05 January 2017, 12:55:56 AM
This illustrates ... the importance, efficiency and efficacy of GOOD DOCUMENTATION! ... (For example, how much of your own time would you have saved along with that of users if you would have made 1 loud sticky Announcement about the email delivery problem instead of having to answer a ton of identical "Where's my email?" posts?) Please do something like put a How It Works button next to Store that explains how the site works, for example how users can play with the kingdom and table setup options that they want.

I'll add to that a comment I posted elsewhere.  The problem with forums like this is that for them to be really usable it's a full time job just to keep them manageable.  Posts should be marked closed when resolved, linked/merged/removed when they are essentially duplicate items, etc.  The sheer number of posts makes finding useful conversations a challenge.  Also on my wishlist would be a list of known issues in some kind of usable format.  There are systems out there to track issues including marking when they have been resolved.  Perhaps this is more than most people need/want, but as pointed out above there is an awful lot of repetition in the forums at the moment.

Keep plugging away at it.  It will get better.

mark1878

Your wish is really for an issue tracker not a forum and makes sense for some things - especially for something under development