Viewing cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Opal

Hiya,
Just tried out my first game and was wondering how it is possible to view what each card does while playing on an iPad? Currently I am having to buy a card and can only see what it does when it is in my hand.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Watno

Unfortunately there is no functionality for this on iPad yet. Sorry.

JunkDealer

Quote from: Watno on 02 January 2017, 04:18:34 PM
Unfortunately there is no functionality for this on iPad yet. Sorry.

Is there an ETA or priority for this?  To me this is a large problem considering the huge number of cards available in the world of dominion.

MacheteMatt

How do I view cards on a Mac? I cannot right click. Usually CTRL+click works, but not on Dominion.

Ideas?

MVoltaire

Which kind of mac? Which kind of mouse/trackpad?

LaLight

Quote from: MacheteMatt on 04 January 2017, 02:57:57 AM
How do I view cards on a Mac? I cannot right click. Usually CTRL+click works, but not on Dominion.

Ideas?

I use 2-finger click on trackpad.

Making long-press to see the card on iPad is quite high on the list now, we hope to implement it soon.

MVoltaire

I just realized: Ctrl-Click works in Firefox but not in Safari (which is not supported) on my Mac.

gkrieg

Quote from: LaLight on 04 January 2017, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: MacheteMatt on 04 January 2017, 02:57:57 AM

Ideas?

I use 2-finger click on trackpad.

Making long-press to see the card on iPad is quite high on the list now, we hope to implement it soon.

This was just implemented and pushed to the release today!

North Woods Wanderer

There are a number of smaller improvements I could mention with the interface, but I'll stick with this one. Viewing cards is a VITAL, ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY update for all platforms for this game. How many hundreds of Dominion cards are there? You have to be able to read the text on every card during play and in all supply stacks. That is just basic to the game.

Overall after a few games now I am getting used to the interface and I do see some improvements here, but you have to do this basic stuff first and make it easy to view them too.

Quote from: Opal on 02 January 2017, 04:15:23 PM
Hiya,
Just tried out my first game and was wondering how it is possible to view what each card does while playing on an iPad? Currently I am having to buy a card and can only see what it does when it is in my hand.

Philip

Quote from: North Woods Wanderer on 06 January 2017, 08:55:14 AM
There are a number of smaller improvements I could mention with the interface, but I'll stick with this one. Viewing cards is a VITAL, ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY update for all platforms for this game. How many hundreds of Dominion cards are there? You have to be able to read the text on every card during play and in all supply stacks. That is just basic to the game.

Overall after a few games now I am getting used to the interface and I do see some improvements here, but you have to do this basic stuff first and make it easy to view them too.

Hiya,

You can use long press to view cards on touch devices as of last Wednesday.

JunkDealer

Quote from: Philip on 06 January 2017, 09:40:27 AM
Quote from: North Woods Wanderer on 06 January 2017, 08:55:14 AM
...Viewing cards is a VITAL, ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY update for all platforms for this game...
...how it is possible to view what each card does while playing on an iPad?...
You can use long press to view cards on touch devices as of last Wednesday.

The issue I'm having with the long press is that during the purchase phase (when I really need to review the cards) if I remove my finger on my ipad and I'm still hovering over that card it completes the purchase.  I've had to train myself to long press then drag my finger off to the sidelines before letting go.  I would think that after a long press and zooming of the card the purchase selection should be negated so that you don't accidentally purchase something you just wanted to look at.

Hopefully that makes sense.  Appreciate that you folks implemented a fix so quickly for this one, but it still needs a bit of work.

ElisabetK

Long press is working for me now on my Windows 10 touchscreen too. Yeah!

Viewing and buying is still awkward even on the big screen though. It might be awhile before I can get the iPad set up again (teenagers, grrrrr) but that's where I'd prefer to play, so maybe I'll get to that sooner now.

Starbecca

It would be great if right clicking one card just brought up the entire set.

gkrieg

Quote from: Starbecca on 19 January 2017, 06:16:36 PM
It would be great if right clicking one card just brought up the entire set.

While that would be great for some people, I would not like that at all.   Usually I just need to look at one unfamiliar card to remember what it does.  Another button would be nice to see the whole kingdom though!`