Alternatives to Dominion

Previous topic - Next topic

halapenyoharry

I loved playing the card game and the digital Dominion game.  While the game is sort of playable on an iPad with Chrome, I'd like the quick in and out I was used to on MF. 

Is there an alternative game available on Mobile Devices that has the same feel and variety every time you play?. I'd like that fix on iPhone and iPad until they are ready for an app.

HalapenyoHarry

jsh

My advice is to wait more than a day. They are swamped with support requests.

halapenyoharry

Sure I get the email thing.  I'll wait.  But nothing available on a mobile App yet.  Seems they are far from a mobile platform and I'd like to discuss alternatives becuase I haven't found anything yet.

JunkDealer

Quote from: jsh on 02 January 2017, 05:05:41 PM
My advice is to wait more than a day. They are swamped with support requests.

I think that was their point.  ShuffleIt wasn't ready to launch yet and are nowhere near the state the MF implementation was in terms of usability and features.

I agree it will get better, but having taken a step backwards in usability and features will drive some people away.  Maybe they will come back in time, maybe they won't.

Yes, I know this implementation contains other features and aspects the previous didn't have.  The problem with any major change is that ultimately the average user is change adverse.  Unless you are maintaining functionality and progressing there will be those who are repelled.

Anyhow, I think we're delving into the same debate happening other places so I'll stop beating the dead horse.  This thread was to ask for alternatives, not to debate why they were looking for them (although they did set it up for this debate by stating that they were unhappy, but I digress)....

Davio

I think they (themselves being expert players) focused more on correctness (how the cards work together) instead of user experience.

I played the beta for a while and was actually surprised at how smooth it all was once I got to know the new interface. The undo button is a godsend and so are some specific card options (Artificer, Hamlet), Trusty Steed and Pawn have the most common option at the top, etc... It's all well thought out, but I can understand how it would scare a novice player or someone very used to MF.

Matt Arnold

You might also enjoy "To Arms!!" Search Google Play, and don't forget the two exclamation points at the end.

webnesto

Quote from: halapenyoharry on 02 January 2017, 04:20:19 PM
I loved playing the card game and the digital Dominion game.  While the game is sort of playable on an iPad with Chrome, I'd like the quick in and out I was used to on MF. 

HalapenyoHarry

I personally find Hearthstone to be quite enjoyable and it has great clients for every platform (other than Unix, I think... maybe not mobile Windows too... but I'm not sure).  It is certainly a much different game from Dominion, in that it has more of the CCG qualities (that I kinda despise) than the deck-building quality of Dominion.  That said, given that all of the content is available for free (if you're willing to grind), it doesn't require the expenditure of $ that a print CCG would.

Also - the Tavern Brawl (5 days of the week - game that changes every week with strange/interesting rule shifts), I find to (often) be extremely entertaining.

ymmv