Feedback and Questions Regarding the New Platform

Previous topic - Next topic

JunkDealer

Sample size of 1 here but I do think the UI is not very UF

I'm constantly missing actions or reactions because they appear in the logs instead of the play area
I'm constantly having to look at the logs to have any idea what's going on in the game.  I should be able to follow a game without ever needing to refer to the logs
I'm frequently catching myself almost clicking the wrong treasure or vp card.  Perhaps have the money on one side and the vp on the other?  Not sure how to fix this one
I find it difficult to select the right cards from discard, trash etc...  the right click adds extra clicks and increases the chance I misclick.
The size of everything feels smaller than the MF interface which was criticized for poor use of space.  I'm not sure how there seems to be less free space with this version and yet everything feels smaller (to the point where I have a hard time seeing what I'm doing especially on a small screen)
The lack of feedback in terms of sounds and player actions has apparently reduced my skill level.  I frequently miss that the game is about to end and am surprised when it does
It's not clear why games end. It frequently takes me some time staring at the end screen to know who won and why the game ended

I know this is a different company and a different application of the same game, but I find it astounding that UI complaints that were levelled against Goko and MF have been repeated here.  I know it will get better, but as I've stated previously I think many of us were completely surprised that a new implementation of the game would take a step backwards in usability and functionality.

Please take the above comments and work with them to keep moving this forward.  I'm cautiously hopeful that by the end of 2017 this app will be better than the MF was at the end of 2016, but given how far behind the launch was from my, possibly unrealistic, expectations and the lack of any clear public forecasts or timelines I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lower priority items are still outstanding.

Good luck!

Jacob Marley

I do agree that having game play buttons in the log area is not ideal.  I'm slowly getting use to it, but would prefer a way to get the buttons in the play area.

gkrieg

Quote from: quori1 on 03 January 2017, 03:02:35 PM
I have plain and simple feedback: everything about this game's development is complete crap. I can clearly see this was handled by developers with no sense of design experience put into the UI and flow of the game. I also feel this was a narrow and obtuse development process that considered only desktop windows users using Chrome or IE as the browser window.

MakingFun did not have the iOS/Android apps available right away either, but the game did function in Safari and Chrome on a mobile device (Phone or Tablet) quite well. Your game is UNPLAYABLE on any such device. Given the proliferation of iPhones and iPads, the sensible thing would have been to have that version developed first.

Your benchmark is Hearthstone. end of story. That is the game you needed to model your release and UI after and while perhaps not match the excellence that Blizzard has shown over the years in game development, you should have at least matched what makingFun had been able to do.

The dominion app had become my go to game. I doubt I will ever play this again it such a horrible release.

It took MF much longer than you might realize to have working iOS/Android apps, and their web client was always very buggy.  I don't know how you were able to play on a tablet before the MF app was released.  When they launched, their browser version was available in alpha it was so bad.

tracer

Also looking at some images of the Hearthstone interface, god help me if Dominion ever looks like that - I would likely stop playing.

Interface opinions can go both ways. I much prefer the (simpler) styles in this version to MF, and I doubt I am alone.

gkrieg

Quote from: tracer on 04 January 2017, 10:07:30 PM
Also looking at some images of the Hearthstone interface, god help me if Dominion ever looks like that - I would likely stop playing.

Interface opinions can go both ways. I much prefer the (simpler) styles in this version to MF, and I doubt I am alone.

I agree with you here.  I think it is much easier to follow the new client than the old one, and they are implementing new things much more rapidly.