cant play without subscription in level 1

Previous topic - Next topic

timtamtom

In automatch im getting message 'you dont have subscription' even though im using level cards only.

Ingix

The subscprition shows you what you actually have. The card pool level determines at which card pool level you are comfortable playing at.

Imagine (after Corona) you meet with your friends to play Dominion, and you bring say the Intrigue box with you. Another friend brings the Dark Ages box, which you haven't seen yet. They want to play with Knights, which are one pile of 10 cards you've never seen. That's too much for you to understand in one game, so you ask them to choose simpler cards.

That's what the concept of card pool level means. If you are comformatable with the base cards, then many new cards even from recent expansions are conceptually nothing new, they just mix the concepts you know in  new way.

From your screenshot I see that your card pool level is set to one. That indicates to the game that in automatch, you only ever want to see cards from the base game (which is what card pool level 1 means, exactly). If that's what you want, perfect!

If you say, "I want to see a few more simple cards", then you can set your card pool level to 2. That adds simple cards with no new concepts to the mix of cards that you are comfortable playing. Of course, with no subscription, you have to hope that some with a subscription has those cards and is matched with you.

You can read which cards are actually in each card pool level and what the new concepts of level 3 and above are when clicking the "Choose Card Pool" button in your screensot's upper right.

If anything is unclear, feel free to ask!

timtamtom

thank you for your reply. i understand the concept of levels. i have always played only the basic cards and still want to keep doing that. since the last update i just cant enter a game. in the automatch i see it looks for players but it can keep looking for hours without starting a game. before the last update i have always found a game instantly. i wonder if it is related to the fact i only have access to the free basic package.

Ingix

At the moment, you are only looking for base games, nothing more. That should match you with somebody that accepts a base-only game. I just tried that and I got a match in 5-10s.

Can you extend the automatch section (there is a small triangle pointing down, see the picture), then post a screenshot of the whole screen. I can only assume something else is "off".

timtamtom

here is the extended automatch. still no success

Ingix

That explains it.  ;D

Your rating requirements for opponents are off the charts. You want to only play with players that have a rating level between 68 and 73. The highest ranked player has 66 right now!

The lower of the 2 rating values should  be negative, like in my picture here:

If you lower that value (I suggest making it -5 or so), you'll find matches.

timtamtom

;D I knew i missed something. thank you for your patient, sorry for wasting your time.