Cannot get membership

Previous topic - Next topic

Moneymodel

Hello. I have the same issue as the post on October 5th with the same subject as above:

"I have now tried two different browsers on my PC, plus on my phone.  I have tried two different methods of payment: credit card and PayPal.  Still, I cannot seem to purchase a membership.  It keeps returning to the payment screen.  I have had a membership in the past with no issues.  And, yes, I have money in PayPal and my credit card is fine.  Thanks for the help!"

The only difference with my situation is that I have not had a membership in the past, at least not with this version of the client.

AnnDromeda

I have this exact issue, as well. I have tried on a couple of separate occasions in the last month to renew my membership using different browsers/devices as well as different payment methods and it returns to the payment screen. Prior to that, I have been a full subscriber for well over a year. I miss playing with my friends in other parts of the country.

Ingix

I'm sorry to hear that for both of you. I'll ask the developer if there were any payment attempts from those accounts that reached him but that got turned down for whatever reason.

Moneymodel

Hey Ingix, any updates on this?

AnnDromeda

I've tried this again since writing this post with no luck. I'd love to get an update. Take my money, please!

Ingix

Stef is looking into this on the payment provider side (Mollie). For another player, with the same problem, the bank itself was marking it suspicious (and ultimately did not send it through). I'm not sure why there is no relevant error message to you. Shuffle iT (the company running the game which ultimately should get the payment), only gets an "it failed". This is obviously a bad situation, where you don't know why nothing happens and we don't know why it failed (it could have been a clerical error in any number of ways, or the card was old, or something).

I guess you could ask your crefit card issuing institution or Paypal what happened (that's what the other player did, the info about "suspicious" reached us not via our end of the payment provider but via them from their bank.

Again, I understand that this is a bad situation for both sides. Credit card institutions update their handling of payments over time based on reports. For example, one player bought a subscription, their spouse flagged the payment as suspicious, not knowing it was genunine. It was ultimately resolved, but if more if this happens, a payment that was OK'ed by the bank a year ago need not be OK'ed now.

If there is anything during the payment process that could be an error message, please post it here, as the payment provider on out end ("Mollie") is also a bit at a loss what happened.

Stef is in contact with them, but to them it looks equally strange :-(

Moneymodel

I have information for one card by looking at its transactions on its own site.

PayPal error: Merchant not in Network or No Purse Exists

Card direct payment error: Transaction not permitted in this country

This is a card with a fixed balance, and I don't have enough money on it anymore to use it for this. But hopefully these errors are helpful more broadly.

To be fair, I see these errors with this card with other merchants as well. But it's the other card, my standard debit card, that has me more concerned, because I don't have issues elsewhere with it.

Ingix

Thanks for the info, I'll pass this on.

Moneymodel

So I was able to do this with my Chase card. I didn't really want to; I wanted to use my Varo card. But I have the subscription now, at least.