[POLL] Petition to add a game mode: unlimited victory cards, play to point limit

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboizmmm

I really enjoy the deck-building mechanic of Dominion, but if I focus on making a really good deck, the game is over and I lose before it matters. I'm sure there are others like me.

*this is about ADDING a game mode, not replacing the existing game. The only downside to adding a game mode is splitting the game population. This is detrimental to a low-population game, but Dominion is currently lagging from the amount of players, so I doubt that's an issue.

HOW TO PLAY: Literally the exact same game, but it ends at ~100 victory points and Victory Cards are unlimited. Point limit is negotiable. Maybe there are some cards I can't think of that would make this mode unrealistically long.. remove those cards.

cmilkman

There's a major issue w/ that, in that 100vp is very very low.  With the current, real rules, my highest score is 700 and I know others have gotten higher than that.  To set a max vp, seriously cripples the game.  I do like to idea of "house rules" options.  Like the only way to end the game is to buy all of the colonies or whatever the largest victory card is for that kingdom.  These options could also allow for a shorter idol clock which I know people have also been wanting.