Shuffle iT Forum

Dominion => Bug Reports => AI bugs => Topic started by: david.g on 09 January 2017, 11:04:09 AM

Title: Contraband
Post by: david.g on 09 January 2017, 11:04:09 AM
The bots don't ever seem to mark any cards when I play contraband. They just don't seem to acknowledge it at all
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: Witherweaver on 09 January 2017, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: david.g on 09 January 2017, 11:04:09 AM
The bots don't ever seem to mark any cards when I play contraband. They just don't seem to acknowledge it at all

Good Guy Lord Rattington always  names Ace of Spades I guess :/
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: Mick on 09 January 2017, 09:35:42 PM
I was just about to make a topic on Contraband, only in my case the AI always chose Copper (while there are some cases this might make some sense, it was questionable here).
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: david.g on 10 January 2017, 09:53:28 AM
I just went through a whole game winning easy with Contraband. neither bot named a card once, and i used it all the time, just to be sure it is an issue...... you need to know guys
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: Watno on 10 January 2017, 11:43:30 AM
We are aware that the AI always blocks Copper currently
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: Witherweaver on 10 January 2017, 04:05:33 PM
I think, though I'm not sure, that bots always Embargo Curses as well.  Has anyone noticed this?
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: david.g on 10 January 2017, 08:51:13 PM
Yeah I've noticed the embargoing of curses by the bots also, they do some amusing things. Although i do like my games with them, but I'm no great shakes at the game. For me the bots are a good challenge
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: david.g on 14 January 2017, 11:54:07 AM
Hey I see Contraband is fixed. This place gets better and better!
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: tufftaeh on 14 January 2017, 12:34:10 PM
Quote from: david.g on 14 January 2017, 11:54:07 AM
Hey I see Contraband is fixed. This place gets better and better!
"Fixed" is a big word for the improvement in 1.0.8. Lord Rat now always names Gold - even if the Gold pile is empty.  8)
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: david.g on 14 January 2017, 01:00:58 PM
aha, perhaps i was a little presumptuous there. well its a slight improvement at least.....
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: tufftaeh on 14 January 2017, 01:08:00 PM
It's definitely an improvement. I'm not sure if always naming gold even qualifies as "clearly stupid play". Maybe it would need to be upgraded to always naming province to avoid that.
Title: Re: Contraband
Post by: vande424 on 21 January 2017, 06:19:47 PM
From what I see now, it always names Gold, and if you play a second Contraband, it just names Gold again which doesn't work...