Shuffle iT Forum

Dominion => Bug Reports => Card Bugs => Topic started by: Mildbeauty on 04 April 2020, 05:22:04 PM

Title: Overpay with Stonemason did not allow gains
Post by: Mildbeauty on 04 April 2020, 05:22:04 PM
Unfortunately I do not have the server/game#, but last night I was playing with the Stonemason.  I overpaid (paid 4, SM costs 2).  I clicked to overpay with 2, but was not given an option to gain either of the action cards costing 2 (Stonemason, Chapel).
Title: Re: Overpay with Stonemason did not allow gains
Post by: Ingix on 05 April 2020, 12:27:44 AM
Thanks for the report, Mildbeauty.

I think you must be mixing something up, probably with another overpay card.

Stonemason overpay in the online game does not work that you "click to overpay with 2" (like for many other overpay cards). You get to directly choose the first card you gain with overpay (which the game selects from those you can afford), then the second card you select from the cards with the same cost as the first card gained.

If the second choice is unique (only 1 card with that cost), the game will automatically give you that card.

I'm not sure what has happened, and that's why having the game number is so valuable: I can look at the situation and find out if there really is a bug or some other circumstance you didn't rememeber played a role.
Title: Re: Overpay with Stonemason did not allow gains
Post by: Mildbeauty on 07 April 2020, 03:28:55 AM
My understanding is that if I overpay to purchase Stonemason, I gain two action cards costing the amount I overpaid.  There were two cards available that cost the 2coin overpay, but I was not able to choose a card to gain.
Title: Re: Overpay with Stonemason did not allow gains
Post by: Ingix on 07 April 2020, 08:37:28 AM
Yes, that's correct. What I'm trying to say is that Stonemason doesn't present you with the explicite question "How much do you want to overpay". Something went obviously wrong, and unfortunately it seems without the game number it will now be impossible to find out what that was.