Shuffle iT Forum

Dominion => Bug Reports => Interface Issues => Topic started by: eliasZ on 23 October 2021, 07:43:51 PM

Title: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: eliasZ on 23 October 2021, 07:43:51 PM
I think dominion.games is awesome overall, but there is one thing making it almost unusable for some people: on an iPad, under "Tables, the "Ready" button is off the screen, and it doesn't (easily) let me scroll so the button is visible. I have been able to make it show briefly and click it by spending a lot of time zooming, pinching, switching from portrait to landscape, etc. But that is annoying for me, and impossible to explain to my interested but relatively tech-unsavvy parents who would like to join me.

Can it be fixed? Or does anyone know of any workaround?
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: Ingix on 24 October 2021, 12:01:37 AM
I don't think it's an iPad only problem. Have you tried turning the iPad into portrait mode for this interaction?
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: eliasZ on 24 October 2021, 12:58:39 AM
Yes. I have tried portrait and landscape, and I was not able to (reliably) make the button show in either orientation.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: eliasZ on 15 December 2021, 03:31:56 PM
I have investigated this a little more, and found that I am able to click the "Ready" button if I use Chrome instead of Safari. I still need to pinch to zoom out, and click the button while I'm zoomed out, which is kind of awkward. But I am able to reliably do it, unlike in Safari.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: eliasZ on 16 December 2021, 06:40:47 PM
Probably of interest to anyone reading this thread:

I mentioned this bug in the "general-chatter" channel on Shuffle iT's Discord server. Someone named tracer said this:

QuoteThere is a big UI overhaul in the works that will be simultaneous with the new expansion

QuoteI can't guarantee that the above will be fixed but there's a chance with that

QuoteThe new expansion is slated to print in January, so release late January or February

He said "the new expansion" refers to Allies.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed, hoping to see this fixed by February, even though that did not look like a definite promise.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: eliasZ on 20 December 2021, 04:26:56 PM
In the Discord chat for this bug, ceviri said this:

QuoteIn the mean time, you could click on the green "light" next to your name to ready up.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: Kstukenborg on 22 February 2022, 06:24:33 PM
I had this same problem and clicking the button next to my name (where it listed the players in the game) worked to "ready" or start the game and allowed me to play the game on my iPad with the chrome browser.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: amagolay on 23 February 2022, 04:14:44 AM
I also have the same problem, but both on iPad Safari and also on Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop. It made it impossible to host a game.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: SabineS on 24 February 2022, 01:30:01 AM
I have the same problem on my Android Samsung tab A tablet in Chrome, Firefox Focus and Samsung Internet browser.
The layout of the My/New Table screen is not ok. The Game Options and Players sections are very high, the Chat terribly short and the Ready etc. buttons are outside of the screen.
Please make dominion playable again.
Title: Re: Can't click "Ready" on an iPad
Post by: Ingix on 24 February 2022, 09:10:10 AM
Can any of you posrt a screenshot of the problematic screen. Since I don't have a tablet I can play with, I can't recreate the situation and for the person doing the fixes it's best that they can see what's going wrong.