Shuffle iT Forum

Dominion => Bug Reports => AI bugs => Topic started by: Qaanol on 22 September 2022, 03:24:12 AM

Title: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: Qaanol on 22 September 2022, 03:24:12 AM
Game #108388409 turn 13, bot uses a villager, plays Weaver, and freezes without gaining anything
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: Ingix on 22 September 2022, 09:08:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

Yes, it looks like Weaver will always make the bot stuck.
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: Qaanol on 07 March 2023, 10:23:43 PM
I just hit this exact same bug again. Game #118628022, turn 16, bot plays Weaver and freezes.

Can we get this fixed please?




For that matter, can we get the entire class of "bot freezes on X" fixed?

If nothing else, programming the bot to literally never play cards that are known to get it stuck would be a start.

Hard-coding "always take 2 silver" would be slightly better.

But it's been 6 months since I opened this thread, the website has seen multiple updates in that time, and known bugs like this are still freezing the AI?
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: TheSeal on 12 March 2023, 09:43:28 PM
Let me add a "me too" to this post. Bot froze with Weaver on game #118953853
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: Dwedit on 18 April 2024, 03:11:56 AM
Just saw this happen.
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: jkommelb on 26 July 2024, 12:56:02 AM
Still happening.

Game 148230348
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: qualityhack on 23 June 2025, 07:18:00 PM
I have been experiencing this problem with Weaver as I am practicing a set with 2 AI bots and continually have the game get "stuck".
Now I come here and see that this was first reported in 2022.
It is completely reproducible so why the delay?
I am a web developer so I know first hand what it is like to track bug reports and make fixes as quickly as possible.
Currently
Game #164313104
is in a stuck state, so you have a perfect repro.

How about send me your source code and I will fix it?

Here is the card set:
Squire, Village, Weaver, Shaman, King's Cache, Pawn, Swamp Hag, Apprentice, Forge, Collection, Ritual, Basilica, City Gate, No Shelters, No Colonies

I think at the very least you should refund me my current subscription cost since I can not complete a game that I am trying to practice with.
Quite frustrating.

Thanks
David Brooks
username: qualityhack
Title: Re: Bot freeze on playing Weaver
Post by: Ingix on 24 June 2025, 09:51:42 AM
Thanks for your help, but the problem isn't in the web frontend, it is in the bot AI code on the server.
Yes, it's bad that this problem hasn't been fixed, developemnt and fixes have unfortunately come to an almost complete stop :-(