Today the game made me resign several times, and I didn't run out of time. I was actually playing, and then I suddenly saw the message saying I had resigned, for no reason. It's not fair. It happened at least three times today, and I can't finish a single game.
My username is luz7.
It happens rarely that when you change your automatch search options in mid-search, you will search with both the old and new settings. This can result in you being matched with different opponents at (roughly) the same time, but you can only actually play one game.
If time runs out in the 'other' game, your opponent, who hasn't seen you make a move at all, will resign you and that message will be passed on to you.
If that happens, the best thing you can do is to log out and wait for two full hour crossings to pass before logging back in. So if you log out at 4:20, you should wait until after 6:00 to log back in (wait 2 more minutes to be on the safe side).
Happened to me today, twice. No settings changed/altered for a very long time. Started playing a game, then poof.. pop up appears saying I resigned...
Frustrating!