Shuffle iT Forum

Dominion => Bug Reports => Interface Issues => Topic started by: eldering on 03 October 2026, 11:48:49 AM

Title: Interface very sluggish and using 100% CPU
Post by: eldering on 03 October 2026, 11:48:49 AM
Since a few days the interface is very slow while rendering play actions and while doing so, my CPU load goes to 100% (I noticed first because the laptop fan started kicking in). It seems to be due to the graphics rendering, since it's noticeable during the AI opponent's turn and auto-playing multiple cards especially. Actions that render cards (e.g. when playing Rabble) don't appear smoothly at all.

This is on Debian Linux (stable/Trixie) with Firefox 153.4.0esr.
Title: Re: Interface very sluggish and using 100% CPU
Post by: eldering on 03 October 2026, 03:44:45 PM
Now it's working smoothly again without high CPU load. Not sure if anything changed server side. I'm fairly sure nothing changed on my side, not even restarting the browser.
Title: Re: Interface very sluggish and using 100% CPU
Post by: Ingix on 03 October 2026, 10:49:14 PM
Some problem was a day or two ago identified reagarding pre-moves. I'm not sure if it fixed or if it even is your problem. If it comes back, post again here.
Title: Re: Interface very sluggish and using 100% CPU
Post by: eldering on 05 October 2026, 01:54:00 PM
It's back again, not sure it was ever fully away. Games run smoothly for the first 1-2 turns, but then quickly deteriorate. Setting animation speed to none doesn't help.

I noticed that I got a security update for Firefox, so maybe that affected things (as it seems to be client-side rendering problems), but I think the timing wasn't exactly matching.

I tried also in Chromium. There the issue doesn't appear. When I exited the browser halfway in game #184311193 and continued it in Firefox, initially a couple of card plays it was smooth, but then started deteriorating again.