"Server doesn't allow new games" Known problem????

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Today this brand new problem popped up.  Have always been able to log in with no problem, and click on "Start" to start a new game.  Today, was able to log in just fine.  But, when hitting the "Start" button, I get this error message that I've never encountered before.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Is there a specific email or website I should be notifying about this?  Full membership is paid for, so that can't be the issue.

Ingix

That's an error that shouldn't happen, but sometimes it does and it is giving you a hint what you can do to fix it.

Server A runs for 1h and handles all the work, then after 1h another server B takes over for **new** games. The games running over the full hour on server A still run and complete there. Once a game is over on server A, the players and table settings are tranferred over to server B, who will handle new games. After server B has run for 1h, it continues running games, but new games are then started at server A and the cycle continues.

What happened in your case is that somehow the transition from server A to server B didn't happen, so you tried to start  game on server A when it was only continuing existing games and not starting new ones. That's what the error message means.

What you can do is going back to the automatch screen and click on the "Other server" button. That switches you manually to the other server. You can then start your new game.