Quick Game is not totaly random

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeric

Hi,

Using the quick game function, twice in a row (and it was same thing yesterday) , games #16060 and #16123, 9 of the 10 cards of the supply are from the base set.

Joseph2302

I just got 10 from the base set (looks like the newbie setup) + 2 landmarks. A truly odd combo.

Watno

Quick game respects your opponent's familiar cards. If your opponent is only familiar with the base set, only few non-base cards can show up.

Emeric

Then may you explain how to play an interesting game without waiting 1 hour between the time I decided to play and the moment I play ?

My message is a bit harsh but it is for me the most important point beyond the bugs that are understandable.

yed

I second this. I would also like a simple way to play full random (= only with people familiar with all cards that I am familiar with).

Silly Walks

Quote from: yed on 02 January 2017, 06:09:28 PM
I second this. I would also like a simple way to play full random (= only with people familiar with all cards that I am familiar with).

Third! I don't want to either wait forever or play Base Set...

Also, even in a "Good" match, often enough it's just Base Set.

katie_mi

I had to play several Base set games too even though I have all cards.

Watno

If you are getting base-only games from good match despite being subscribed to more cards, go to your familiar cards tab and check if all cards are marked as familiar (not greyed out)

JunkDealer

Quote from: Watno on 04 January 2017, 03:47:55 PM
If you are getting base-only games from good match despite being subscribed to more cards, go to your familiar cards tab and check if all cards are marked as familiar (not greyed out)

I'm not trying to be flip here, but as I read through the forums I've seen this answer a huge number of times.  Usually when you have to explain the same thing over and over it's a good indication that the current implementation isn't working well.  Perhaps the whole familiar cards approach needs reworking?  Or the default values for choosing cards ie min/max unfamiliar cards needs reworking?  Or maybe at first login walk players through all the options with explanations.... kind of a custom vs quick setup approach.

Watno

I agree, changes will be made there.

tufftaeh

A mandatory setting selection for new accounts, choosing from "Beginner" (as it is now) and "Expert" (all cards familiar) might be useful.