You May ... (Mining Village, Mill, etc.)

Previous topic - Next topic

dscarpac

Is there a reason that Mill isn't like Artificer, Hamlet, etc.? It asks you if you want to discard every single time, you can't just click on your next action cards to keep playing actions if you don't want to discard. I don't think that the fact that you have to discard 2 cards should have any bearing on this.

Mining Village is similar -- it won't force you to choose between trashing or not if there *are* action cards left in your hand, but if there aren't, it does make you choose "don't trash". Why is this?

Stef

Quote from: dscarpac on 05 January 2017, 07:27:24 PM
Is there a reason that Mill isn't like Artificer, Hamlet, etc.? It asks you if you want to discard every single time, you can't just click on your next action cards to keep playing actions if you don't want to discard. I don't think that the fact that you have to discard 2 cards should have any bearing on this.

Mining Village is similar -- it won't force you to choose between trashing or not if there *are* action cards left in your hand, but if there aren't, it does make you choose "don't trash". Why is this?

Mining Village is a card you always can trash, but rarely ever want to trash. So instead of forcing the decision, the game tries to assume you don't want to trash and let you pick your next action.

However, sometimes this is impossible. For example when you Golem into Mining Village + Smithy, you have to choose if you keep the mining village before you will see what the Smithy draws you. So in those cases you also get a button "Don't trash".

We also present this button when you would otherwise go to your buy phase. This is necessary because the game needs to know what phase it is (e.g. to show the price of peddler).

---

Mill should have the same interface, it's just a mistake that doesn't behave the same way.

AdamH

Quote from: Stef on 05 January 2017, 08:59:54 PM
We also present this button when you would otherwise go to your buy phase. This is necessary because the game needs to know what phase it is (e.g. to show the price of peddler).

You are absolutely correct. So when Peddler is not in the Kingdom (or some other card where you would need to press a button to tell the client that you need to move onto the buy phase) then there's no need to hold everything up so you can press the button, right? That way I don't have to click on End Actions every time I have a Coin of the Realm on my Tavern Mat and no actions in hand before I can click on Play Treasures.

I mean, Isotropic had a button for just this that only appeared when Peddler was in the kingdom. And it still let you just play your treasures if you didn't want to click the button -- it only mattered when you didn't have treasures to play.

And Isotropic is the best Dominion implementation ever. /s