Google Play App? Tablet Play is TERRIBLE!

Previous topic - Next topic

bananny

First, I've been trying to register for this forum since this started.  I just finally got an email verification today.

I played the old version on my tablet most of the time.  It was great!  Playing on my tablet now is so extremely frustrating!  I have to click on the action I wish to take multiple times to get it to work.  Also, some of the options for top deck, card selection, etc... are so tiny that you cannot see which card you are selecting.  This web based version is not good for a tablet.  I have a Samsung Galaxy A, if that helps.

Do you have an app that is being developed?  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

gkrieg

Quote from: bananny on 07 January 2017, 06:29:24 PM
First, I've been trying to register for this forum since this started.  I just finally got an email verification today.

I played the old version on my tablet most of the time.  It was great!  Playing on my tablet now is so extremely frustrating!  I have to click on the action I wish to take multiple times to get it to work.  Also, some of the options for top deck, card selection, etc... are so tiny that you cannot see which card you are selecting.  This web based version is not good for a tablet.  I have a Samsung Galaxy A, if that helps.

Do you have an app that is being developed?  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I know that making a dedicated app is a priority of theirs.  The beauty of the web app is that you can at least play on your tablet until they have developed it, whereas with dedicated clients, that wasn't possible.

bananny

I agree that it's nice to be able to play on a tablet, but it's not a good option.  Last night I was in a game that had a lot of combos so I was almost going through my full deck each turn.  Each turn was PAINFULLY long due to having to click each card I wanted to play or option I wanted to take numerous times for it to go through.  I gave up after that game and got my laptop out.  I know that this new platform is in its infancy, but I wish they would have been better prepared prior to the launch or just bought the rights to Making Fun's software.

gkrieg

Quote from: bananny on 07 January 2017, 08:51:32 PM
I agree that it's nice to be able to play on a tablet, but it's not a good option.  Last night I was in a game that had a lot of combos so I was almost going through my full deck each turn.  Each turn was PAINFULLY long due to having to click each card I wanted to play or option I wanted to take numerous times for it to go through.  I gave up after that game and got my laptop out.  I know that this new platform is in its infancy, but I wish they would have been better prepared prior to the launch or just bought the rights to Making Fun's software.

Well I don't think they should've bought MF's software.  They are able to implement changes and bug fixes so fast because they are the ones that wrote the code!

I'm surprised it is so much slower for you on your tablet.  I have an old iPad, and I haven't seen any huge slowdowns.