Irrelevant order of events

Previous topic - Next topic

sprocket science

This may be more of a feature request than a bug, but...

So, I was playing this totally awesome tomb of the rat fortress game. My opponent had missed the combo, so I ended up spamming 20 Rats per round. Most of the time, the Rats automatically picked a Fortress as my only non-Rats card in hand... but then I had to click in the log in order to decide whether I wanted the VP token from Tomb first, or to get the Fortress back in hand first. Which turned an awesome victory into something of a chore.

I cannot imagine any scenario in which the order in which these two events are resolved matters, at least given the current set of expansions - or am I missing something? Nothing I know interacts immediately with the gaining of VP tokens. So couldn't you add a flag (that you could remove if the need ever arises) that tells you that it is always safe to resolve this event before other events? Probably goes for gaining coin tokens too.

More generally, you could have a mechanism that when resolving events in any order leads to the same result, they are resolved automatically - but that would be more difficult to implement.

Ingix

Hi Sprocket Science,

nice to see your posts here, with some really good observations and ideas. It's just that, in the last month, progress on the game has unfortunately been 'slow' (in at least my opinion and I guess a few other's as well). Some things that from the outside seem basic (like showing the Journey token, showing all cards in the torunament prize pile or any other other 'non-uniform' pile, allowing autmatic 3-player matching) have not (yet) been implemented. People discuss how the best interface for certain cards is, the AI sometimes does really stupid things and there are still a ton of incorrect card interactions.

What you are describing (here and in other threads) are more things that IMO should be done if all (or most) of the basic things have been fixed *and* more basic convinience functions have been implemented.
As has been discussed in another thread (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1046.0) there is sometimes a conflict between getting it 100% right and getting it convinient 99% of the time.

I think what your are asking for here is more like asking to get seperate WiFi routers for each room in a house you just moved into when in reality you should focus on fixing the leaks on the attic, the plumbing in the cellar and the brownouts each night at 11:30pm. And even afer that, maybe start with replacing your 2005 Windows XP notebook and 10MBit cabling if want you a better experience watching videos.

sprocket science

Hi Ingix,

I totally agree with you, this has absolutely low priority. I'm content if this goes to the bottom of the backlog, I just wanted to record it when it occured to me. I agree I'm creating some effort with even this, but I think that is still acceptable.

My top priorities would be getting all the cards working, and fixing the most pressing UX problems (journey token, display of durations/tavern mat). But that has already been requested many times and is hopefully high on the backlog already.

allanfieldhouse

Yeah, gaining tokens should just be automatic. Sure that decision might have to be revisited down the road if Donald creates a "when you gain a vp token" effect. For now at least, it shouldn't prompt you.