what is the policy on members who slow roll?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranna156

Are the admins banning people who pull this crap? It seems to be a real problem and if they aren't then they should. I have reported i think 3 people via messaging in the past couple of days and haven't heard anything. Blacklisting them from my games is fine, but there should be some sort of punishment...personally i think it should be a bannable offense.

Furthermore, if it isn't the slow roll that gets them banned it should at least be the name calling. That imo should automatically get you banned. The internet doesn't give people a license to act indecently.

Stef

Edit by Stef: I removed the rest of this thread. It resulted in public name & shame, which is against the policy as pointed out by Adam.

I am sorry to those who experience bad behaviour, but name & shame is not an response I believe in.
In my personal experience the bad behaviour is rare but maybe I got lucky. It also seems to be happening more among lower ratings.

Please try to minimize the impact. When at all possible, try to let it go. Put them on your blacklist. We are already monitoring who is on how many blacklists, so if they're real jerks we'll be on to them soon.

If it goes beyond that, send a PM to one of the moderators (LaLight, drsteelhammer, Watno) or one of the admins (Philip, Stef)

Cave-O-Sapien

IMHO, the behavior described in this thread (on both sides!) is evidence that Undo should be implemented differently or removed altogether from ranked matches.

Ranna156

Thanks Stef. I was actually going to go back and remove the names since i know it is not acceptable to put them on there. However, i would like to say the following since it did work for me.

I was in a game with someone who started to slow-roll. They then must have clicked on the undo a bazillion times (no joke...at least 500+ by my count). The option to force them to resign would not appear long enough to really click on it because another undo request would pop up. I found that if you put your mouse at the right spot on the deny it just touched enough on the 'yes' when the 'force to resign' notification popped up. You have to be fast, but it can work until a better interface is made available.

Ingix

Question/suggestion to the developers: Does the gaming log internally contain timing information? That means, can you verify that decision X was made at time Y and decision X+1 (by the same player) at time X+3min:59sec, or something similar? I think this would be necessary information to verify (probably automatically) that stalling accusations are in fact correct.