[Post deleted]

Previous topic - Next topic

83gu7z

[Post deleted]

drsteelhammer

If you write a quick message in the chat, most people are more than understanding in my experience. A lot of people will also answer your questions if a card is not immediately understood.

Rast

Quote from: 83gu7z on 24 June 2017, 02:29:32 AMFor a F2P player who is familiar with the Base set but have little experience of Expansions games, what is the best way for him/her to learn the Expansions cards?

Spend a dollar, will get you about a week of Gold subscription, then play the hell out of the bots for that week.

(I promise I'm not a shill)

Stef

Quote from: Rast on 26 June 2017, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: 83gu7z on 24 June 2017, 02:29:32 AMFor a F2P player who is familiar with the Base set but have little experience of Expansions games, what is the best way for him/her to learn the Expansions cards?

Spend a dollar, will get you about a week of Gold subscription, then play the hell out of the bots for that week.

(I promise I'm not a shill)

The minimum duration for a subscription is a month (or actually 25 days), so it will cost around 3 dollars to try the cards out against bots.

Personally I would never get mad at someone that explains the situation to me. If you just wait a long time while being silent/unresponsive that might cause some frustration.

Sharajat

I'd ask in chat window.  If I see someone say they're new, I'm definitely fine with them taking extra time, and will point out mechanical techniques and explain mechanics. (like play your treasures before Fortune, pay your debts after fortune)

meathead40

manonferguson

So here's me, a subscription player, with all expansions (except empires). But havent played in months, so my rating is low. Matching gives me players who are scared **** when they see all the cards they dont know, and 1 out of 10 posts that in chat. So my response is always; tkae your time, no rush, just take a look at the cards first. And 9 out 10 just resigns after a few rounds, without even saying anything. But: shouldn't they NOT be matched with me, or have the forgotten to box out the familiar cards? Why is it such a surprise to them to see unfamiliar cards?

I'd really like to have the option to setting up a table with a remark; got all expansions or something. (btw; i've set the min rating level in matching at +10, and max at +100. Shouldn't I be matched with more experienced players then?...

JW

Quote from: manonferguson on 01 July 2017, 10:28:22 PM

I'd really like to have the option to setting up a table with a remark; got all expansions or something. (btw; i've set the min rating level in matching at +10, and max at +100. Shouldn't I be matched with more experienced players then?...

If higher ranked  players haven't changed their default settings, they won't match with you if you're more than 10 levels below. The way to get more higher ranked players is to set your minimum equal to something like your own level minus five.

dane

Quote from: manonferguson on 01 July 2017, 10:28:22 PM
So here's me, a subscription player, with all expansions (except empires). But havent played in months, so my rating is low. Matching gives me players who are scared **** when they see all the cards they dont know, and 1 out of 10 posts that in chat. So my response is always; tkae your time, no rush, just take a look at the cards first. And 9 out 10 just resigns after a few rounds, without even saying anything.
I had a similar experience when I started playing a few days ago.  The good news is that all those quick resignations soon (overnight in my case) boost one's rating enough that one gets to play against people who aren't terrified of the expansions.

Like you, however, I found it strange that the other players weren't happy to get experience of the cards they didn't know by playing someone who was willing to be patient.
[/quote]