End of game freeze

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyduck

Quote from: Psyduck on 12 February 2017, 10:09:19 AM
I still do have this issue, though. Makes playing quite unpleasant as I have to wait for the client after most of the games to realize they have finished.

This still happens about 50% of the time when playing against bots and more rarely when playing against human opponents.

A remarkable thing is that when I end the game, I get to draw new cards for the next turn and usually also some kind of log message, telling me that I may buy cards.

bigjohnny

This always happens for me as well at game end. The game just freezes up when it should end. I have not been able to finish a game yet because of this.

Edit: Sorry, the game actually does end and is recorded, it just freezes up.

Ingix

It seems to me that this "freeze" is some problem with the communication between the game client and the different servers that help playing and recording games. It seems that the game client is simply not informed of the fact that the game is over (or more probably, that the message containing this info does not reach it for unknown reasons), so it just sits there, doing nothing.

Some evidence for this:

1) The game is ended and (if ranked) recorded, according to reports.

2) I have "wait for opponent animation" checked for games against bots. When the end-of-game process works, in case the game ends after the turn of the bot, I see nothing of the bot's turn, because the animation is stopped when the game is over, which of course happens in milliseconds if a bot is acting. But when the freeze happens, I still see the last turn of the bot in normal speed.

Accatitippi

I've just come back to Dominion after a few month, and until now I've had this happen in 4 games out of 4.

Ingix

At least my problems are gone with version 1.2.7., probably due to te item below from the list of changes:

reconnect-to-meta -> the intention is to fix the problem of "not getting the end of game screen"

Stef

Quote from: Ingix on 15 June 2017, 04:27:39 PM
At least my problems are gone with version 1.2.7., probably due to te item below from the list of changes:

reconnect-to-meta -> the intention is to fix the problem of "not getting the end of game screen"

Thanks for letting me know. I'd love to hear some more feedback from people, especially if the problem remains for them.