Game froze, can no longer login

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggsies

Hi,

Just now I was in a game in which my opponent resigned (I *think* the ID was 7032599, based on http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/?user=Biggsies&num_results=10, but I don't remember who my opponent was to confirm). After they resigned I opted to continue playing with the AI. While playing around with the AI I tried to undo, which did not seem to work. Not too bothered, I tried to end my turn (which would have also ended the game). This did not end the turn/game and left me stuck with no options to do anything except resign. I tried resigning which didn't do a whole lot, and now when I try to refresh I get stuck in the loading screen which forever says "Connected to gameserver".

If I try to log in to a different account via incognito I can log in perfectly, but logging out and trying to log into Biggsies gets me stuck again. If a game admin/mod wants to log into my account I'm guessing you'll see the same thing.

I have my tournament game scheduled for ~15 hours from now, so if someone can look into this ASAP it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Biggsies

markus

Go to dominion.games (in a private tab in case you get automatically reconnected). Put in your username and password and click on "Kick&Resign" at the bottom of the page instead of login. This should get rid of the old game and you can log in normally afterwards.

Biggsies

I never spotted that button before - that's done it. Thanks heaps markus!

Matt Arnold

I'm experiencing the same issue, but clicking "Cancel & Resign" only flashes the player matching lobby, and then resumes the loading page.

It started for me when I mis-clicked on the wrong card for my first decision of the game, Lord Rattington and Revenge Witch took their first turns. I kept trying to enter "/undo 12", "/undo 13", "/undo 14", etc, to see how far I needed to go to get back to my turn. Eventually the game froze. When I refreshed the page, it was just an endless loading screen.

I hard-refreshed in case I needed a new client. That didn't help. Then I opened the site in Chrome's Incognito Mode and logged in, only to get the same issue.

Matt Arnold

I just found a solution. After using "Cancel And Resign" on the Loading screen in Incognito mode, when I return to my main Chrome browser I am able to get to the Login screen instead of the Loading screen. Then I used "Kick And Resign" which appears at the bottom of the Login screen. From there I was able to log in and get past the Loading screen.

yed

Kick & Resign almost always works from incognito window.

humcalc216

My opponent and I just encountered what is presumably this same bug.  My opponent tried to resign during the game, but it didn't work.  Instead, I finished the game with a win (a couple turns later, on my turn), but the game did not end.  Instead, after I ended my final turn, it brought me to my next hand, and it said "You may buy cards", and there were no buttons on the right for me to end my turn or anything like that.  After this, both my opponent and I tried reconnecting.  This led me to the state being described in this thread.  I can't find a "Kick & Resign" button anywhere, and "Cancel & Resign" doesn't seem to do anything.  Private browsing didn't help either.

Opponent was pedissias, Server was Tokyo (I think, since it says "Connected to Tokyo" on the connecting screen I'm stuck on).  I unfortunately did not record the game number, but maybe my opponent did.  The game does not appear as "finished" on Dominion Scavenger.

JKRich

I had same problem a little while ago - thought it was a bug because I was playing 2 bots and their hands all but disappeared due to Remake self-trashing and Knight pinning by me. I think how I got back in was to go to private browsing window (Firefox), enter login info manually, then press Kick&Resign (before pressing Login). I saw a message in the lower left corner of the screen "Kick succeeded" then pressed Login and I was back in. HTH

Ingix

What humcalc216 experienced looks like a problem with the meta-server, which deals with starting/ending the game. If that doesn't respond, the game "isn't told" that it's over now.

humcalc216

Oh. I missed that "Kick and Resign" is on the Login screen.  That worked.

JKRich

Quote from: Ingix on 21 January 2018, 07:59:25 PM
What humcalc216 experienced looks like a problem with the meta-server, which deals with starting/ending the game. If that doesn't respond, the game "isn't told" that it's over now.
Sorry if I was unclear, but I experienced the exact same problem as humcalc216 (e.g. my game didn't end) - I at first thought it must be due to the unusual circumstances of my game which I figured constituted enough of an edge case to not be worth reporting. I was just trying to help him/her reconnect, which appears to have been successful :) ;) ;D . I know the bots still do (very) stupid things :'( . But if it can help I did record the game # (10849083) and the first problem in game functioning I noticed was the Undo button not working - followed by the game not ending after I 3-piled.