"More Cards Required than Available" error when I select cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor

For the past few days, whenever I try to remove a few sets and/or select a few required cards, I get a "More Cards Required than Available" error and it won't let me start the game. Usually I'm able to get around it by just clicking "ready" a few times, but sometimes it won't let me actually start the game no matter how many times I click "ready." Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening, because it's starting to get on my nerves.

kieranmillar

This is due to the familiar cards settings of either you or your opponent. In the options you can set how many cards you are unfamiliar with are allowed to be in the kingdom (default: max of 2). The Familiar Cards tab then let's you choose which cards are set as unfamiliar (they will be full colour if familiar, or black and white if not).

What you are trying to do is force a table to include more cards you are unfamiliar with than your settings allow, therefore the game can't create a valid kingdom.

You should never have this issue if you uncheck the advanced table option "Respect Familiar Cards".

kieranmillar

If ShuffleIT want to hotfix this issue then the error message needs to be more helpful. It currently tells you there's a problem, but doesn't really pinpoint what exactly is causing the issue not help the user rectify it. If familiar cards are causing the issue it should say something like:

"Could not create a game with at least 10 kingdom cards. The combined Familiar Cards settings of all players does not allow enough cards. Please either disable the "Respect Familiar Cards" table setting, or ensure each player has configured their familiar cards appropriately."

Alternatively, don't show a message at all, and just have the game automatically disable the option and try again, and in the created game, post a message in the chat box that says "The Respect Familiar Cards setting has been disabled for this game as not enough cards were available."

wolfcheese

Sorry for the bump, but this error message is striking back. I do NOT have "respect familiar cards" checked but cannot start any game because this error appears when I click Ready. For troubleshooting purposes I tried checking "respect familiar cards" and marking everything as familiar, but no dice. I assume this is related to my free subscription expiring (which I can't renew, I'll make a separate thread for that). Any idea how to get past this error?

Ingix

How are you (trying to) start the game? Creating your own table (could you make a screenshot of your advanced options), or using any automatch feature?