Block/report

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Thicke

I'm sure this has been requested before, but I would like to request a block/report option in addition to the current block and friend options. I know that you say that the current block button does this, but it would be much more satisfying if there was an explicit report button. Sometimes I want to block someone because they're annoying, but not doing anything abusive, and then sometimes I want to block someone and be confident that the devs will look at their behavior. Even better: a text box pop up that allows you to describe the abusive behavior when reporting.

Might also cut down on the name-and-shame issue.

Jacob Marley

How about this:  Whenever you blacklist someone, you get a popup asking why, and you select either:
  - Personal preference
  - Abusive behavior

So, if, for instance, someone plays slower than you like (but is not a slowroller) or refuses all undo requests, or any other reason that is not ban-able, you chose the first option and the mods do not need to take action, they only need to look at those blacklisted for abusive behavior.

wolfin

I second this request. Also an ignore feature would be nice, if it could be used in-game (i.e. by right clicking the user's name in chat - as is so common in other games/chats)

For instance, my first ever game on this service and I encounter this:

I resigned because I don't like being forcefully subjected to advertising when I'm just trying to play a game. Seriously, does the guy run a bot or something to play the game while advertising to each opponent?

I blacklisted him, but this feature is sorely missed.

VARMENDRION

Wanna second that as well. Usually, people are rather nice. But from time to time  I encounter players like this and I think, a ban would be in place.

J.S. Money

I'd like to report FakeNewss. I don't have a screenshot, but the game number is included below so the text can be verified:

FakeNewss left the table.
FakeNewss joined the table.
Joining game #16439995 on tokyo.
FakeNewss: lol
FakeNewss: that bandit strategy was so good
FakeNewss: fucking idiot

kevinb9n

People running this show: please find behavior like this and ban these people from the service. If you don't, you're just profiting off of letting us all take abuse.

Ingix

AFAIK, almost all abusers are free-players, so nobody is profiting financially from them not being banned.

bobbydj18

I agree with this request. 

real77

I'm adding to this thread, as it's the first thing that came up when I searched reporting players. 
I have the game number.   Please read the very rude and vulgar language from Tetsuro.   Game # 18413943  just finished. Thank you.  These types of players ruin the fun. Should be immediate bans I think.

Ingix

santamonica811

Quote from: real77 on 18 September 2018, 07:44:12 AM
I'm adding to this thread, as it's the first thing that came up when I searched reporting players. 
I have the game number.   Please read the very rude and vulgar language from Tetsuro.   Game # 18413943  just finished. Thank you.  These types of players ruin the fun. Should be immediate bans I think.

I went to New Table> Load Old Game, and entered this above number.  But only can get an error message.  What did I do incorrectly?

markus

Quote from: josh bornstein on 18 September 2018, 09:45:44 AM
Quote from: real77 on 18 September 2018, 07:44:12 AM

I went to New Table> Load Old Game, and entered this above number.  But only can get an error message.  What did I do incorrectly?
Nothing, there's an internal error, which happens for few games. (I think it would also happen while it's still running, but the game seems over for long enough now that it probably doesn't go away.) FWIW, you wouldn't be able to load the chat.

santamonica811

1.  Markus, thanks for the info.  I am not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the chat is not saved.  I did not know this...important info in case I run against a bad character and want to save the evidence in the chat.

2.  Apparently, you are a "Hero Member."  ?!?!!!  Impressive.  Is that due to the sheer number of posts?  Or, in addition to your excellent work on this forum, did you also save someone from a burning building?  Can I be a Hero Member as well?  Or, if I am allowed to pick from the Dominion universe, can I become a Conspirator Member...I prefer the slightly sinister implication of that one.  :)

markus

As far as I know, the chat is saved but you can't see it by simlpy loading the game. So in case of accusations, it should be possible to verify them.

Hero member was just for the 500th post I believe.

sudhish86

my only concern is that I get blacklisted by people weekly for not accepting every undo request or not caring that I take a while on complex hands.

I don't want to get reported for more than what I am doing. I fear the report thing could be abused.