Already logged in [SOLVED]

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange

When I attempt to log in from the main screen, I get a dialog box that says I'm already logged in, but I stay at the log in screen.  This is on Chrome on a Chromebook.

Stef

Quote from: Orange on 10 December 2016, 09:50:14 PM
When I attempt to log in from the main screen, I get a dialog box that says I'm already logged in, but I stay at the log in screen.  This is on Chrome on a Chromebook.

if the client thinks you're already logged in (and it could be right, don't know) you can get rid of the other session by using "kick"

Orange

Quote from: Stef on 10 December 2016, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: Orange on 10 December 2016, 09:50:14 PM

if the client thinks you're already logged in (and it could be right, don't know) you can get rid of the other session by using "kick"

How do I use "kick"?

tufftaeh

Refresh the start page, then it should appear as a button.
Type in your username and password and click on the "kick" button instead of logging in

Orange

No button, just this screen:

Orange

Okay I'm back in.  Not sure what happened.

tufftaeh

I think the button appears after you enter your username and password.

yed

There could be a page with text "You are already logged in" with two big buttons: Kick and Kick&Resign. That would be intuitive.

andc

Quote from: tufftaeh on 10 December 2016, 10:13:32 PM
I think the button appears after you enter your username and password.

This is how it worked for me, someone mentioned you can "kick" your other session but I couldn't work out how, having to start typing is a bit counterintuitive.

I also had the "already logged in" problem, when I went to kick it gave me an error like "session not in progress" or similar, but then I refreshed and it worked. I'll document it more closely if it happens again.

Philip

You kick by typing in your username and password and then clicking the "Kick" link at the bottom (which will appear next to "Forgot your password?" once both username and password fields are filled). If you're not just logged in elsewhere but also stuck in a broken game or otherwise corrupt state that it tries to get you back to, you should click "Kick & Resign" instead.