News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Nausea

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I finally managed to get a game in on a different computer and I was able to play a game of Dominion on this new client. I felt like I was going to throw up after maybe 9 turns, so I stopped playing. A quick search through various Discord channels shows that I'm not the only one with this issue. I've tried a few different animation settings and ended up turning animations off -- the time I got nauseous the animations were off for the whole game.

I'm not going to play a game that makes me feel this way. I've paid for a subscription that lasts through the end of the year, for a product that didn't make me physically sick to use.

I gotta be honest with you, Allies previews are in a week and this client has obviously not gotten the testing it needs. It will be a huge disappointment if I can't play with these new cards because you decided to break online Dominion a week before.

Please revert the changes until more testing is done. If the game continues to make people nauseous to play and the changes are not reverted, then I'd like to be refunded for the rest of my subscription.

Ingix

I can't say for sure, but I'm under the impression that reverting to the old client would give problems for the Allies release.

I totally agree that lumping a general UI revammp with UI changes necessary for and to support Allies was not a good idea. Unfortunately, that's what happened, partly due to the UI revamp taking longer than expected. Also, the current rules changes in addition throw a monkey wrench into keeping branches "cleanly separate", if you don't want to do the work twice.

It's still unclear what makes people nauseatic, besides the animations. Do you use the "moving kingdom" option?

AdamH

I've been a software engineer for my entire working career, over 10 years. This is pretty poor practice and it looks like when Allies is released and things like this aren't fixed, that's going to be a breach in the contract with RGG. I can't wait for the Temple Gates client to be finished, at least I'll be able to play that one.

Quote from: Ingix on 22 February 2022, 04:51:34 PM
It's still unclear what makes people nauseatic, besides the animations. Do you use the "moving kingdom" option?

I didn't use it on the old client and I don't use it on the new client

santamonica811

I have been having no stomach issues.  But I have been having eye aches and headaches since playing with the new look.  Have played thousands and thousands of games with the old system, with zero physical problems.  It's obviously much less pleasant to play with the current look.  I am hoping my eyes/brain gets used to this and hoping the game's effect on my health quickly resolves.