Ways

Previous topic - Next topic

bygage

I dont seem to get any Ways when playing even at level 10.  Any reason i'm not getting them?

santamonica811

Hmm.  I am getting them regularly.   (I mean, within the statistical norm of frequency.)

I don't think it could possibly be due to which browser you're using, or anything like that.  And since Familiar Cards has been eliminated, I'm not sure what settings one is supposed to click on to activate/enable Ways. 

bygage

well i def have menagerie enabled.  so not sure either but i havent had a way since they implemented these changes and I play 10-12 games per day minimum.

Ingix

Hi bygage, you are playing mostly ladder automatch or make the tables yourself?

bygage

Thank you!  I did'nt realize that automatch would'nt produce ways.

Ingix

That wasn't what I wanted to say. In my very first attempt (vs. a bot) I got Way of the Horse. Can you post a screenshot of your automatch screen? And what kind of subscription do you have (if any)?

bygage

I have the gold for playing, not sure how to do a screenshot though.  Can you advise how to screenshot?

Ingix

Taking a screenshot is not related to the program you are currently using, it is very much a device and operating system dependent action. On most PC keyboards is a "PrintScreen" key, usually in a place similar to the one in the following picuture:

Pressing it while you are in the "Automatch" screen of dominion.games will take a picture of what you can currently see on your screen(s) and put it into your clipboard. That's the way it works on Windows, I assume it is very much the same for Mac and Linux, though I don't know the details there.

Then you have to open a painting program, "mspaint" will do for Windows, and use the "Paste" command ('CTRL-V'). That should finaly show you the screenshot. Save that under some file name, then you append that file to a reply here using the "Attachments and other options" below the text entry window.

I have unfortunately no idea how to make a screenshot on a phone or tablet, not habing modern ones where that matters.

santamonica811

I have Windows 10, on a desktop computer.  I have found that a good snipping tool is great, and it's actually one of the apps/programmes I use most often.  In the past, I just Googled "Windows snipping tool," and picked one of the free ones.

But here is the shortcut that comes with Windows 10.  Windows Key+Shift+S.  Screen will darken and use your mouse to highlight the area you want to snip.

(I did this, and saved the screenshot to my desktop.  Ironically, I can't figure out how to paste it here...how embarrassing.  Usually, when one clicks on the "Insert Image" icon, it brings up a window where you can browse to the correct folder and then select that image.  But that does not work here...now, clicking on the Insert Image icon brings up only the following text: 

Could not suss out what to do next...this is different from the method for inserting an image on the other 150 websites I have visited over the years.)

santamonica811

This is the text that did not make it to my last post (it was visible on my screen, but I guess it's invisible to viewers, once a post has been, well, posted)

(img) (/img)  [but with brackets, rather than parentheses]