Serious interface problems in Firefox

Previous topic - Next topic

AJD

Hello! My fiancé has been playing for the first time since the big server update a couple weeks ago and there are serious problems with the interface for her. The main ones are as follows:

• Her hand does not consistently display the number of cards of the same name, which is supposed to appear as a white number on a red background in the top left of the card. Sometimes the number appears and sometimes it doesn't. I've attached a screenshot of a turn on which she had a Cultist, three Coopers, and an Estate in hand, the three Coopers are displayed as a single Copper without any indication that there was more than one of them. However, playing the Cultist she drew two Coppers and then the number did display correctly with a five in the corner (second screenshot). Sometimes it shows some numbers but not others in the same hand; the third screenshot illustrates a turn on which she had three Coppers and two Estates; the Coppers display the number but the Estates don't.
  • The icons on cards that are supposed to allow her to activate Ways are not being displayed. The fourth screenshot shows a game using Way of the Monkey, but no Monkey icon appears on the Cultist and Border Guard in hand. (Also there are two Coppers in this hand, but the number 2 is not displayed.)

Is there any way to fix these bugs?

Ingix

Thanks for the report and the pictures. Can she check which version of Firefox she uses? She can find this by cklicking the "3-bars menu" on the top right of Firefox,

then selecting "Help" and then "About Firefox".

I'm using Firefox myself to play, and don't have that problem.

AJD

She's asleep right now but I'll ask her to check the exact version number when she wakes up; I think it was 70-something but I'm not sure. I know she had just updated Firefox to the newest version compatible with her operating system and it said "Firefox is up to date".

Ingix

OK, my Windows Firefox is at 97.XXX What operating system does she use? That might also help finding problems.

AJD

Sorry for the delay! The operating system is MacOS: El Capitan 10.11.6; the Firefox version is 78.15.0.

Thank you!

Ingix

Thanks, I'll forward this information!

santamonica811

AJD,
My own (fully updated) version is, like Ingix, 97.xxx.

So, all of the above-mentioned issues might be from using a woefully out-of-date Firefox.  Re-post if updating Firefox does not fix the problem.  (Pro hint:  Updating software fairly regularly is probably not a terrible idea to do, if only for security/anti-virus reasons.  Is it possible that you guys have been using a version of Firefox that is months old???

Ingix

As AjD wrote, that Firefox version might actually be the last version that works on the given version of the operating system. I can understand not wanting to do such a drastic thing as switching to a new OS (version). We'll have to see if a solution can be found that works on that Firefox as well.

AJD

Yes, as Ingix says, her Firefox is fully updated as much as her OS will allow. Please let me know if you can find a solution that works for her version of Firefox; thank you!

santamonica811

Ah, interesting.  How frustrating that a particular OS does not allow for additional browser updates!!!

(On a related [maybe??] note:  A short while ago, as expected, the Allies preview period has ended.  But something is wrong on your end, now.  When I finish a game with Lord Rat, I get the expected "The Game Has Ended" along with the usual "OK" button that one clicks on, in order to move on to a new game.  But, now, nothing happens when I click on OK.  This only started happening immediately after Allies cards disappeared--plus, of course, when the toggle switch to preview Allies also disappeared from that Set Up page, as would be expected.  So, the programming change must be related to this new bug...unless it's an unbelievable coincidence.

Only way to do a workaround that I can figure out: Use browser Refresh, but that takes me back to the initial Login page.  If I again enter my username and password, then I can again go through the usual game set-up process, and play another one game.  But no one wants to go through those extra 7+ steps each time you play a single game.  :(

Anyone else reporting something like this?  I did not bother to write down the game numbers, other than after the 4th consecutive game, when it because clear that it was an ongoing issue.)

That last game was:  96907021

Zimbu

Quote from: Ingix on 07 March 2022, 08:06:51 AM
As AjD wrote, that Firefox version might actually be the last version that works on the given version of the operating system. I can understand not wanting to do such a drastic thing as switching to a new OS (version). We'll have to see if a solution can be found that works on that Firefox as well.

Hi there!  I'm a new Dominion player - same OS (MacOS 10.11.6), same version of Firefox (78.15.0esr), same bug.

Only workaround is to carefully read what hand you drew in the log.