Kingdom has too many cards.

Previous topic - Next topic

Melawe

Occasionally when trying to start up a game, I hit 'Ready' and get a message: Kingdom has too many cards. I have no idea what causes this but thought you should know. My workaround for this is to just hit 'Ready' again and usually it works within 1-3 tries. But there is clearly some kind of internal conflict occurring.

Ingix

Notice the 3rd landscape requirement, it has to be an Ally and it has to be present.

Unfortunately, the server algorithm isn't clever enough to realize that means it has to provide a Liaison (it does seem to work when you explicitly say which Ally you want). So if random chance does not provide the Liaison, there is an Ally but no Liaison, so "too many cards".

If you make the 3rd landscape (the Ally one) optional, that problem should go away.

Melawe

Thanks! I've been excited to try the allies as they are a new feature. I will try picking a specific one in future games.

freemarmoset

I'm hitting this same (I think) issue trying to setup one of the recommended sets for Allies/Nocturne:

Play It Again, Sam: Woodworkers' Guild • Wizards, Swap, Royal Galley, Courier, Hunter • Blessed Village, Leprechaun, Skulk, Tormentor,
Tracker

Whenever I add the 10th kingdom card, the interface removes the Ally (Woodworkers Guild), greys out all of the kingdom cards and allies (so I can't add it back), and hitting ready gives me the too many cards error.  Haven't been able to find a workaround.  Anybody able to set this up?  Prior to today I've had no issues setting up other recommended allies combos.

freemarmoset

Actually I think I see what the issue may be.  The interface doesn't recognize that the Liaison (in this case "Student") is in the Wizards split pile. 

So, if your only Liaison in the Kingdom is in a Split pile, it's not recognized at the setup stage and it removes and won't let you add an Ally.  However when you hit "Ready" it appears to recognize that you have a Liaison in the split pile, but no Ally, thus the error.

Still no work around that I see, but maybe this helps pinpoint the issue for the developer.

Ingix

"Wizards pile is not recognised as containing a Liaison" is a known problem and fixed in a test build. When that test build will become part of the live build is at the moment unknown.

coleman07

We enjoy having one Project, one Event, one Way and one Landmark and have been doing so successfully for several years. Why am I getting the Kingdom has too many cards error when not playing Allies? From now on do we need an Ally card in play for any non Allies game if we want to play with more than 2 of these landscape cards? This seems like something the system should allow as it has in the past.

Ingix

Can you post a screenshot of the your kingdom selection options?

coleman07

I have included screenshots. Here you have a game of Prosperity where I want to have an Event, Landmark, Project and Way. I can click until the cows come home and never get to a working screen. Here is something else I discovered while playing with this. I would like to play with 4 Landscapes like we had before Allies.

Ingix

Thanks for the screenshots!

I've had similar effects reported by other players, always a full set of kingdom cards and many landscapes. I've put this on the internal bug list!

coleman07

Thank you - would you announce the fix in this thread?

Ingix

Seravorn

This is ridiculous - it seems like the more cards i select the more temperamental it is.
Sometimes it works but sometimes not.
I want to be able to select all the cards for a game. 

Either there is a bug or the error message is worse than useless.

Ingix

Yes, there is a bug. It's a combination of completly or almost completely filling all kingdom cards, and having mandatory landscape cards (but not yet directly selected).

In addition, in your case you want Wizards in the game (which contains the Liaison Student), but you have no space left for an Ally.

chonnyq

I see this thread has been idle for two months, but I have been having similar problems since I started my subscription yesterday. Is there an update on the progress with this bug?

Ingix

petelavi

I have been running into the same issue.

It's common in games where we try to use a landmark, but are using set randomizers with non-landmark sets.

For example, the setup shown in the attachment has this issue about 50% of the time. Selecting "ready" again often fixes the issue. Switching the set to cornucopia has the same issue.

However, switching the set to Empires fixes this issue (5/5 attempts worked).