Core subscription - No higher level cards in higher level games

Previous topic - Next topic

jantuno

Hi,

I have a core subscription covering levels 1-5, and have been having a lot of fun climbing up to level 5 in the past few days. Now I'd like to try level 6 cards by matchmaking against players with a full subscription, something that afaik is allowed.

I can easily set levels higher than 5 in the automatch menu and find opponents, and the games I find are described as "level 6" or "level 8" or whatever at the start of the game; but 10+ games so far have only had cards up to level 5. The official "level" is higher but it seems as though the card selection counts it as level 5. This seems like a bug to me, or am I missing something?

Attaching my automatch settings.

thanks <3

dane

My guess is that you are being matched against players that either have no subscription or nothing more than the core subscription.  Perhaps selecting the 'wait for expansions' option and setting 6 as the minimum acceptable level would get round this.  I'm sure Ingix will provide the correct answer.

jantuno

I'm already setting 6 as a minimum level, and the games are in fact, nominally, at levels 6+. Where's the "wait for expansions" options? I can't see it anywhere.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting that behaviour, jantuno!

That sounds indeed strange, your automatch screen doesn't show any strange values. I can't test this myself (I "unfortunately" have a complete subscription), but I'll ask.

Thanks, Ingix

dane

Quote from: jantuno on 29 September 2022, 09:03:40 PM
I'm already setting 6 as a minimum level, and the games are in fact, nominally, at levels 6+. Where's the "wait for expansions" options? I can't see it anywhere.
Maybe "wait for expansions" isn't shown if one has a core subscription.  I'm fairly sure it exists if one has no subscription, but I'll have to wait for my subscription to expire in four days to confirm that.

I'll revise my prior guess to being that you're being drawn against other players that have specified 6 as the minimum level but do not have a full subscription.  In that scenario the specified levels of the two players would match and it would only be after the pairing had taken place that the system would discover that no cards from level 6 upwards were eligible to be selected.

If the above guess is correct, then players with a core subscription need to be offered a "wait for full subscription" option when setting up their automatch.

bobmathrotus

Has anything ever come of this? I've been encountering the same bug, posted about it but didn't realize this thread existed.

bobmathrotus

Also, I tried creating a new account with no subscription and it literally doesn't let me raise the minimum level above 5. Is that intended...?

Ingix

As I said in another post, this is the intended behaviour, though the interface gives the wrong impression that as a Core subscriber you can somehow wait for a Complete Subscriber to have a game containing cards from all levels.