Confusing text in new UI when bot plays a militia

Previous topic - Next topic

eliasZ

I noticed what appears to be a bug with the new UI.

If I am playing with Lord Rattington, and he plays a Militia, instead of saying "Discard down to 3", the text above my cards just says "Waiting for Lord Rattington".

I think this is somewhat confusing. And this looks like a bug to me.

Ingix

Can you actually discard cards at this point? I've had a few rare cases where at some time the game simply stopped doing things, and I had to hit CTRL-R to continue.

If that is not the case, can you make a screenshof ot this, if possible? Because when I try that, the bar says "Discard down to 3"!

eliasZ

Here is a screenshot. I can discard cards. The only thing that seems messed up to me is the text.

Ingix

Thanks. I did a few tests and it seems that the animation type setting is the cause (or the main cause). Are you on Sprightly or a faster speed? This is where I found that behaviour. You can find the setting when you click on the little gear icon in the lower right of the screen during a game.

eliasZ

My animation speed is Sprightly.

FYI I used to have it on Speedy. But after the UI changes, it seemed too fast for me, so I turned it down to Sprightly.

Ingix

I forwarded that. Unfortunately, the different animation speeds seem to affect unrelated things, like here.  :(

Ingix

That issue has been fixed. If you see it in another situation, please report again.